ceemac

Shake It Baby...
YTL Is History Today
New Turkish lira (YTL) banknotes are set to be withdrawn from circulation completely today. The YTL banknotes were legal tender along with the Turkish lira and kuruş until today.

Here

C

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
YTL Is History Today
Turkish Lira NOT New Turkish Lira.

New Turkish Lira is Old and No Good.

Turkish Lira is New and Good.

:hmm: :3:

Last edited:

bebs

YTL Is History Today
What do we do with notes we have? Is there a time limit to get rid of them ? -Bebs

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
YTL Is History Today
What do we do with notes we have? Is there a time limit to get rid of them ? -Bebs

You had the whole of 2009 to get rid of them in the normal way.

As the article in Today's Zaman says The YTL banknotes can be redeemed for a period of 10 years, until Dec. 31, 2019, at branches of the Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.

Martyn

YTL Is History Today
why? and what's the currency now?

I think it's the old millions lira before the change. I remember getting a deposit out of the ATM for a deposit for our apartment. It could only dispense about £80 a time in the old lira equivalent. It was as thick as a Mars Bar. :lol: Three days running we had to go there with 2 bank cards a time.

hijo

in my own clique
YTL Is History Today
..i have a couple of the million notes ..but will keep them for a souvener..and remeber when i was a turkish millionaire..:28:

YTL Is History Today
As far as I undestand the situation. Any note r coin with yeni on it is now illegal.

Oh what joy we will all have checking the change given in the markets and supermarkets and then trying to palm the chnage off elsewhere.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
YTL Is History Today
In a word, No !

Put them in one of the charity boxes when you arrive at the airport. The charities will be able to exchange them at the central bank.

Guz1

YTL Is History Today
Reactivating this thread to remind anyone heading out to Turkey that if you have "Yeni" Lira (and I don't mean the old million) notes from last year the shops won't accept them. We had to rummage through our purses in Kipa when they wouldn't take a couple of 50YTL notes from us.

The post office exchanged the notes without any hassle.

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
YTL Is History Today
Reactivating this thread to remind anyone heading out to Turkey that if you have "Yeni" Lira (and I don't mean the old million) notes from last year the shops won't accept them. We had to rummage through our purses in Kipa when they wouldn't take a couple of 50YTL notes from us.

The post office exchanged the notes without any hassle.
Also watch your change, they still have a few coins to get rid of.

YTL Is History Today
Fond memories. You know how it is when you are fully aware of the clocks going backwards or forwards? You wake up the next morning (having forgotten to change them at 2am or whatever time it is) and believe what your clocks are saying.

I was fully aware of the changeover from the original Turkish Lira to the YTL, spent all my notes, put my coins in the charity box at the airport, went to the UK for Christmas and the New Year and returned to Turkey with not a lira to my name.

Imagine my annoyance when the ATM would not dish out 250 million YTL to me on my return.

:slapme:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom