hepsicool

Well... Not exactly.
Your Opinion Counts
Hi everybody,

This is Onur from the Hepsi Cool market in Altinkum. Some of you already know me. I had an unfortunate incident today and would like to get your thoughts about it.

Around this last Christmas time, I decided to sell one of our electric heaters because we had 2 of them. It was quite big and powerful. So I put a reasonable price tag on it and put it outside in its original box. Soon enough, a British lady decided to buy it. I told her we used to use it, but if she had any problems with it she could return it back. I even gave her a ride home with the heater.

Well, about 3 months later, she came back today and told me the heater had stopped working. She asked me to refund her the money. I told her I couldn't do it because it was second hand and also because it had been a very long time since she had bought it.

She started telling me that was not how it worked in UK, and that she also had a business herself. She started making me look like I was cheating her. I tried to explain to her that I cannot offer any warranty services to second hand products.

After a little argument, she finally told me she was going to tell everyone about this. Anyway she left very angry leaving me behind not very happy.

I think I am correct in not offering a refund for a second hand item, especially after I had informed her at the time that it was second hand. I had also explained to her at the time that my price was much better than new ones in big supermarkets.

Also, "telling everyone" sounded like a threat to me after not being able to get what she wanted.

My wife and I try very hard to be very honest and straight forward with anybody whether they are British, Turkish, Eskimo, male, female, gay, Martian, whatever. I am sure those who know us already will know that.

But since your opinion is very important for us, we would really appreciate if you would take a few moments and post your opinion here.

"Was I wrong by refusing a refund in this case?"

Best regards.

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Your Opinion Counts
NO.

You should tell her to get back on her broom-stick and *uck off !

Raysalaff

Just Call Me Ray !
Your Opinion Counts
Straight to point KKOB!! :lol:

NO! I don't think she would get it here in the UK either, not after three months and Second Hand.

Gail

Your Opinion Counts
KayaKoyuOldBoy said:
NO.

You should tell her to get back on her broom-stick and *uck off !

Well what can I say :lol: Onur I was going to say that in the UK if something is second hand you are very unlikely to get a refund and certainly not after 3 months but regardless, she is not in the UK she is in Turkey.

I suppose I am saying the same as KKOB but just a little bit more diplomatic - but he's absolutely right.

Don't worry too much about her saying she is going to tell everyone, I don't expect too many people will take much notice. :)

Your Opinion Counts
Hi

This is unacceptable - when you buy secondhand there is no guarrentee, especially after such a long time. It's the same in the UK as in Turkey. Yiu are right to refuse to give her money back.

Your Opinion Counts
Hello
I think you were correct not refunding her. She used it 3 months and then it broke. Not your fault at all. She would not get a refund here in the Uk either. Glad you stood your ground and did not refund her.

Rach

Your Opinion Counts
ooff..thats mde me mad!!...
i would add a couple more of KKOB *****
its people like this that get a bad name for Brits.
she's not daft though..here comes the nice weather and she has no need for the heater..and oıbviously no money!..she must be VERY HARD UP..

kaykay

Your Opinion Counts
i agree with you Shirleyanntr.
its obviousley warming up in turkey now,
so she doesnt need one now till next winter
i would havr told her to f@@k off,and dont take the p...,
thats how a lot of views change . if they think we are all the same....

biggles

biggles
Your Opinion Counts
onur,dont worry about it, i have bought many things in turkey and just wish we could get the same service from shops here as we get in turkey,but i know it will never happen.when i tell my friends here about turkish shop service they dont believe me. i had 2 a/c guys working till 12 pm at night on the roof of my apartment and i had a real job to get thgem to accept a tip.

hepsicool

Well... Not exactly.
Your Opinion Counts
Thank you very much for all your support. We really appreciate it.

Kaykay: I never had any similar experience from any of our foreign customers which make up about 95%. I assure you that one small incident will definitely not change us to stereotype and discriminate against a whole nation. I unfortunately know from personal experience how terrible it could be. :mmph:

Martyn

Your Opinion Counts
Second hand, its sold as seen. You buy, you test, its yours. If it packs up three months later, its tough. Thats why you either buy new with a guarantee or buy second hand and take a chance.

Harem

I've cliqued
Your Opinion Counts
If it had not worked from the time she bought it, that is a different matter. But there is nowhere that she would get her money back after three months' use. Especially not in the UK.

Pennie

Your Opinion Counts
Hi Onur,
dont worry about what one bitter woman has to say.
I personally,recommend your shop to everyone i know, sometimes to my own misfortune as my favourite goodies are sold quicker.

Keep up the good work and as everyone else has said, tell her to take a hike

Pennie xx

CathnPete

Your Opinion Counts
Hi Onur,

Don't lose any sleep over that silly woman. Sounds like she would be just the same in the U.K. where she would also get told where to put herself, maybe not as politely as the way you told her........... Honestly, don't give it a second thought.

Cathi

shehow

Your Opinion Counts
well i think that is giving us brits a bad name no she should not get her money back but next time you sell something like that give them a bill that says sold as seen then they have no come back

tjd

Your Opinion Counts
You did the right thing,definately! Funny how it's 3 months later, it's getting warmer and she probably doesn't need it any longer. Or have I just got my cynical head on this evening?

ROYREME

Your Opinion Counts
Good on you Onur, i would have told her to go and see a taxidermist but with stronger words.Oh where is your shop in Altinkum.

Pennie

Your Opinion Counts
ROYREME said:
Good on you Onur, i would have told her to go and see a taxidermist but with stronger words.Oh where is your shop in Altinkum.

Hi Roy,

Onur's shop is by the Crescent Homes Office. If you come out of Dolphin square towards the office, go past it to the T-Junction at the end of the road(20yards) and its just on the left.

Here I go again, telling everyone where it is. He sells a wide range of english goodies at very reasonable prices.

Pennie xx

Your Opinion Counts
If this had been your first post on the forum I would have been a little suspicious but after reading all the comments you have done the right thing. In the UK you would, as Martyn said bought sold as seen and realistically not have any comeback, she is definitely trying it on and you should tell her to have sex and travel
:4:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom