bobthenob

Non Active Member
Your Favourite Flower
l thought l'll start a thread talking about one's favourite flower or plant.And the reason why you find the plant you like is your favourite.

My Favourite is the Pink climbing rose,because of the huge clusters of flowers together on a plant that if trained properly will reward you with a fragrance of an aromatic sensation that makes one feel so relaxed in the garden.

l had one of these in the garden back in England and trained it the way l wanted it against the wall.lf pruned properly will encourage such an abundance of flowers during the late spring and summer.

Here is a picture of the climbing rose l had
2zhgwmv.jpg

Last edited:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Your Favourite Flower
oh mine has to be sweet peas, I love the scent and the way they climb up bamboo poles all sort of lanky and willowy, plus they remind me of 'Auntie' Clara who my dad lived with when he first moved to Nottingham from Manchester in the fifties and who we always kept in touch with, she used to have vases of them all around the house..........lovely

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Your Favourite Flower
Awww, Bob I have so many favourites, its' hard to single just one out. My favourite in early summer has to be Sweet Williams, I love to watch them mature into the deep colours they have and to me summer's here when they bloom. Alstromeria and Lithiansus are so delicate and they last for ages. Roses, esp the tiny rock roses as they just seem to flower for ever, I dry them and put them in a basket in the house the scent is so nice. I also love the many wild flowers I see on my walks with my dog. If I had to single any one out it would be lilies for their very strong scent.

:Flower:

mafalda

Your Favourite Flower
Lavender! And, like Babsgood, also love the scent and colours of sweet peas and these are two favourites that always spring to mind first.

Would either grow well on the southern Turkish coast, I wonder?

In any case, the scent of Jasmin on summer evenings, is also wonderful.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Your Favourite Flower
As sunny pointed out,it is very hard to choose as your favourite since they all have a beauty in their own way.
The wildflower cast images of me dancing in the meadow feeling free with the pollinating insects carting of their bounty of pollen.
The interbreeding hybrid plant has a beauty different to the natural plant.That is the specially selected plants to create a variety that will produce a bigger flower with disease resisted genes.

But whatever the plant is, they are beautiful in their own way,if looked at it in the proper way,And l know someone will come on here and say a cannabis plant is beautiful when inhaled."Hey"!,what ever turns you on.That's the magic of the plant,lt gives something we all love

Your Favourite Flower
........there are so many but one of my favourites is STRELITZIA REGINAE commonly known as BIRD of PARADISE.A stunning looking plant/flower.

nanamo

Your Favourite Flower
Daisies always look happy, sweet peas 'cos they are so delicate and smell sweet, Lillies because they remind me of friends that have passed but over all I love Jasmin. Molly

sandpearse

Bolton Born and Bred
Your Favourite Flower
Daffodils for their lovely yellow colour. Back home in Bolton, in spring, daffodils fill the side of one of our main dual carriageways and it is such a lovely sight . Plus they are my mum's favourite flower.

Tess

Your Favourite Flower
Have to say Sandpearse I agree, I love to receive a bunch of daffodils more than any of the more expensive flowers, they are so simple I just love them, love to see big patches of open ground just plastered in them.

saffie

Saffie
Your Favourite Flower
Freesia......just love the scent in the house. Gorgeous colours too.

All flowers are lovely whatever they are and love to see them rambling over a wall or fence or thick groups of flowers huddled together in a basket,and it's also good to spot just a single bloom in the middle of nowhere just sitting there in all it's glory.

ihutch

Your Favourite Flower
I agree, freesias, They perfume the house if indoors and outdoors just walking by them is bliss. Luckily mine grow every year and I can enjoy them.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom