enoch

Top Poster Of Month
Your English bank account could be closed if you don't have a UK address after Brexit
As the heading says dose anyone know anything about this? Or is it just a talking point.

ted j

Your English bank account could be closed if you don't have a UK address after Brexit

Last edited:

Kanga

Not all UK banks are planning this so you will have to find out from your own bank if it will apply to you.

Freedom 49

No fun if it's too easy!
I still have an account with HSBC in Britain so I've called them to see if I need to link it to the address at the property my daughter owns over there.

I was told that as Turkey is not one of the 27 Member States of Europe, my account would not need any additional details added.

Things can always change so it's worth keeping an eye open to any further news but, so far, nothing to worry about.

Camden

Remembering this is the DM ...no mention of Turkey

Tens of thousands of British expats in Europe 'will be stripped of their UK bank accounts and credit cards in weeks' after government failed to negotiate post Brexit rules
British expats in Europe risk having their UK bank accounts closed due to Brexit
Banks including Lloyds and Barclays have starting giving notice to customers
Post-Brexit rules mean it will become illegal for UK banks to provide for British customers in the EU

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...UK-bank-accounts-weeks-post-Brexit-rules.html

Bramidan

Our UK accounts are already linked to our daughter's address

Well done Ted, what else are you fiddling?
NHS. UK pension?
Right winger to the fore, got a view on immigrants?

ted j

Well done Ted, what else are you fiddling?
NHS. UK pension?
Right winger to the fore, got a view on immigrants?

Look smartarse
I OK'd it with both banks I am with before we moved here that, that would be OK
I told them that our daughter's address was a contact address ONLY

FYI, I also rang the DHSS and the taxman and told them EXACTLY what I was doing and OK'd it that it would be legal and above board

I do not have anything to do with the NHS , nor do I get the winter fuel allowance I fiddle nothing, nor do I do any single thing that is not compliant with both Turkish and UK law (unlike some of the expats here , who get prescriptions from UK doctors or who get both Christmas bonus and winter fuel allowance)
So.unless you can prove I am breaking any law of whatever country ,I suggest you shut up

Last edited:

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
Ted your original post does not suggest anything illegal or that you are fiddling anything.

Why is this in the jokes section?

Last edited:

ted j

Last edited:

Bramidan

Just do not put in any form of print falsehoods about me
Otherwise legal action will follow

Do you think the Turkish authorities will bother what heading it is under

JESUS , SOME PRICKS ARE STUPID WHEN THEY POST SH1T

Hey Ted, legal action?
Over to you mate!
Good luck.

Harem

I've cliqued
Barclays closed my bank account and stopped my credit card years ago because I lived in Turkey and didn't have a UK address.

SLEEPY

Is this just an English issue ?

SLEEPY

Well I hope the German car industry hurry up and put a stop to it !

Kanga

It's meant to be for people living within the EU and it's a side effect of Brexit because not all UK banks are bothering to re-register cross border customers after the end of the negotiations.
If you have a UK bank a/c and live in Turkey as long as you have a UK address registered with your bank you should be ok - for now - because Turkey isn't a member state.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom