You Couldn't Make It Up
Civil Rights nonsense and an absolute disgrace. We must be the laughing stock of Europe. Someone, somewhere has got to stand up and announce that enough is enough before things get out of control; similar to those recent events over in Belfast. Our democratic persona has simply become a haven for use of the worlds unwanted, ejected and rejected. Is this not a perfect example of PC and Human Rights getting it so very wrong - speaking as an ex-serviceman, I am ashamed to imagine the feelings of despair to which those veterans have been subjected.

In comparison, it certainly establishes Wootton Bassett as a pillar of humane respect and compassion.

Rule Britannia ??

carolk

R.I.P
You Couldn't Make It Up
This was from the Daily Mail last week.

Gypsies and travellers have been paid £60 each of taxpayers money to attend a conference telling them how to see a doctor and send their children to school.
Dozens turned up at the day-long summit yesterday after they were offered the fee.

It advised them how to find a GP, dentist and a school for their children while moving between illegal sites.

Organisers of the Traveller and Gipsy Awareness Day handed out the money because they feared that few would attend without the financial incentive.

The talks were held in a meeting room at Epsom Downs Racecourse which Surrey County Council paid £2,500 to hire for the day.

Food and drink for each person who attended the conference cost £67, taking the overall cost of the event to tens of thousands of pounds.

Its all crazy!!!!

Alan Fidler

Ceteris paribus
You Couldn't Make It Up
Civil Rights nonsense and an absolute disgrace. We must be the laughing stock of Europe. Someone, somewhere has got to stand up and announce that enough is enough before things get out of control; similar to those recent events over in Belfast. Our democratic persona has simply become a haven for use of the worlds unwanted, ejected and rejected. Is this not a perfect example of PC and Human Rights getting it so very wrong - speaking as an ex-serviceman, I am ashamed to imagine the feelings of despair to which those veterans have been subjected.

In comparison, it certainly establishes Wootton Bassett as a pillar of humane respect and compassion.

Rule Britannia ??

I too am an Ex serviceman... I've made my feelings of disgust with the present incumbents of government of this country and their treatment of servicemen in another thread... i wont repeat it all, suffice to say i agree entirely with all your points...
It appear PC counts for more than loyalty to the crown and service there to these days.. too many ignoramuses and do gooder's wanting to please the minorities who are happy and willing to take advantage of the tax payer and bleed this country dry.

Alan.

You Couldn't Make It Up
Well said Alan. I am inclined to be tongue in cheek regarding when things started spiralling out of control and even apportioning blame to any specific political party. The fact is that the rights of the guilty and unconforming are being championed at the expense of our conforming, innocent, law abiding citizens.

Failure to address examples of this type of abysmal decision making will only add fuel to the fire of those extreme political groups, who use situations like this to further their cause.

I wonder if those veterans reflect on the recognised value they have contributed to there country and community, against those of the travelling community who have invested absolutely nothing.

What a state of affairs.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom