tinkyman

yorkshire dales 3 peaks fell race
running this race tomorrow then coming out to Tinky on Monday if I can still walk.
this is a marathon with three mountains. not like that flat jog round London on Sunday
Three Peaks Race
I am number 657

dingbats

Good for you! Looks like it's going to be dry weather too. Hard slog tho - you'll need a holiday after that... I'm doing Rob Roy Challenge in June, so in training (although just had yummy curry for tea!). All the best for tomorrow. x

Martyn

That reminds me, whatever happened to Ade? He was a member for four years then packed up smoking and started all these fell races. He stopped visiting about a year ago, hope he is ok?

Sorry to side track. :focus:

Harem

I've cliqued
Good luck in the race and if you come across Ade, let him know he is missed!!!!

martin m

Hi tinkyman
Hope you have a good run and avoid injury, showers forcast for pm, be really interested to hear how you got on.
regards martin

geordie_nev

Good luck with your marathon Tinkyman.

I’m a marshal at the London marathon tomorrow, I do it every year that I don’t run the race itself.

Frank&Mary

This forum is full of surprises. Never expected to find a fellrunning thread!!!!
Enjoy your run. I've done this race couple of times and enjoyed it. Yorkshire dales is a lovely setting for this classic race. Your race entry details suggests this is a local race for you.

I am training for the Isle of Jura fell race in may. Another classic in the British fell calendar. Not quite as so much fast running as in the 3 peaks but 7500ft of climbing is the challenge. Then I'm off over to our place in Gumusluk for a couple of week. Looking forward to both of these treats.

Any more TLF fell runners out there??????

That reminds me, whatever happened to Ade? He was a member for four years then packed up smoking and started all these fell races. He stopped visiting about a year ago, hope he is ok?

Sorry to side track. :focus:

martyn..i was just going to say the same thing...
good luck tinkyman..and keep a look out for our missing member Ade..and if you see him tell we miss him:cheers:

tinkyman

well i am still walking...just. as long as I can get on that plane tomorrow at Manchester.
finished the race in 4.54 which was 10 minutes faster than last year. still a bit off the elusive 4:30 i am aiming for so will have to try again next year.
cant wait to get on the efes tomorrow. nice to see there is another nutter i mean fell runner on the forum.
Frank.. good luck on Jura. when did you do the three peaks?

Well done, good time anyway, there was a post on this race a wee while back, was prob Ade,s, admire you guys, and enviouse of you also.
I was just a marathon runner, done about 90 overall in my days, could,nt do it now, not fit enough,played bowls all day yesterday for 7 hours, and thats me just surfaced, body can,t take it anymore, recovery period takes too long, mind you had bout 10 pints throughout.

Cheers Peter

"Yorkshire dales is a lovely setting for this classic race."

Just a thought, but where else could it be set?

Great effort Tinky!!!!

Last edited:

Frank&Mary

well i am still walking...just. as long as I can get on that plane tomorrow at Manchester.
finished the race in 4.54 which was 10 minutes faster than last year. still a bit off the elusive 4:30 i am aiming for so will have to try again next year.
cant wait to get on the efes tomorrow. nice to see there is another nutter i mean fell runner on the forum.
Frank.. good luck on Jura. when did you do the three peaks?

Good effort. Great day for it weather wise. I last did the 3 peaks race in 2004. in 4:15.

Enjoy an effes or two. You've earned it.:cheers:

tinkyman

Good effort. Great day for it weather wise. I last did the 3 peaks race in 2004. in 4:15.

Enjoy an effes or two. You've earned it.:cheers:

4:15 is a great time. at 52 i may have left it late but I hope to make that time in a couple of years.
had a good rest in Altinkum and have just done my 6.5 mile training run 4 minutes faster than I have ever done it. yahoo. found a secret weapon......Efes!!!

mikehibb

Well done,
I did the same course many years ago, but as a hike not the run.
Beutifull place, would love to do it again.

Do they still serve pint mugs of tea in the Ribblsedale station.

tinkyman

Well done,
I did the same course many years ago, but as a hike not the run.
Beutifull place, would love to do it again.

Do they still serve pint mugs of tea in the Ribblsedale station.

unfortunately not. but the station pub next door will.
if there was enough interest from forumites to walk it under the 12 hour challenge I would be happy to act as guide as i do quite often. i usually end up doing the three peaks several times a year. the most being 10 times in 2007

akbukowl

Bloodyhell running it,i've walked it that knackered me but running you must be joking

Latest Posts

Top Bottom