Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Yipppeeee Only 5 more sleeps
Our stay in Yalikavak is almost here, getting so ready for the off now, the preparation has started in earnest today. I've started the marathon cook session of my dogs chicken thighs (daily treat) that I pack for him to take to his carer, (he has Iams dried food too) We don't carry too much foodstuff, but did the holiday shopping today, got to have Tetley Teabags, and Douwe Egberts Coffee, Heinz Beans, (8 tins for £3 in Morrisons, lol), Colmans Mustard, Heinz Salad Cream, Bacon, Pate (never seen it in supermarkets there), and a few other bits and pieces. It would be interesting of any other tips of things from the UK you take that you cannot buy or you miss in Turkey. I am def on the countdown now.

:27br::27br::27br:

tomc1984

Why not sleep 5 times as long, get up and then go to Yalikakvak. Lucky you, we can't wait to get there either, 2 weeks today. Sausage and bacon in freezer waiting.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Why not sleep 5 times as long, get up and then go to Yalikakvak. Lucky you, we can't wait to get there either, 2 weeks today. Sausage and bacon in freezer waiting.

:hehe: I thought of your thread "Off to the shop" as I was typing this, hmmm, may put some sausages in, we usually buy the Kofte Kebabs instead of Sausages for the BBQ, but Good Ole English Sausage, suppose I will, lol. We're there until the 26th, so ya never know we may meet up. We are frequent visitors to Morgul Antiks.

Lesley

:roundgrin

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Enjoy your holiday Sunny.With all those yummy foods you are bringing over has made me yearn for the British food.
Don't forget the extra mature cheddar,cheeses here are quite pricey

parrot

Agree with Btn always take a nice piece of cheese and some spread or if you don't have a cholestral problem Lurpak..

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Enjoy your holiday Sunny.With all those yummy foods you are bringing over has made me yearn for the British food.
Don't forget the extra mature cheddar,cheeses here are quite pricey

Awwww if we lived nearer I'd bring you goodies Bob, we do love the Beyan Peynir (hope I've remembered spelling, lol) cheeses tho' have to confess I've bought the Carrs Water Biscuits ready. We like it for an alternative to bacon for brekky with Strawberry Jam, yummy.

Lesley

Mag

Know how you feel Lelsey.. only four more sleeps for us to arrive in Turgutreis...so excited!! We always pay a visit to Yalikavak at some stage for lunch and a stroll around..lovely spot..have a great holiday!! I have a few goodies packed away too for the bbq..!!

Lesley, your thread is making me all excited about my visit...3 weeks for me till Bodrum. I don't take any UK food with me usually but will be taking Bisto this year (cos I love it with veggies). Hope you have a great holiday :eek:)

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
It is just the greatest feeling, like a recent thread that was named, "it's just like Xmas Eve", where is Martin these days, he must be having fun on his jollys too. After all the hard slog buying and waiting, it's just so good when you get to your home, all the crap that went on in the process, just melts away, because it is such a beautiful country, and for us there are so many positives to enjoy there, also we've made some great friends, from all different countries, and I love to continue to learn the culture that is our adopted home in Turkey.

DAVIDO

i like to take a couple of bottles of curry. cut up some chicken with some rice and then enjoy.simples

davido

Guz1

You lucky ducks. I can feel the excitement. We bring the usual sausages, bisto, etc. We don't freeze the sausages until we arrive - get them vacuum packed and pack them with a couple of freezer blocks. Don't bother with the beans but maybe throw a pct of marrowfat peas in the case. Custard powder is another favourite of mine. Never bother with it at home but always get a longing for custard when I'm in Turkey.

Have a great holiday.

Must be something strange about me, I have been here 9 weeks now and the only cravings I have had were Sunday lunch (once) and curry ( 2/3 ) I satisfied both cravings at Morgul Antik!

I am looking forward to the Strongbow cider I have been told I can get when doing the visa run to Kos!!

Hi L&L,it will be good to see you both again,we now have live music on wed and sat nights!and if you realy do miss your bacon we always have proper irish bacon for breakfast lol.
chat soon Jim.

pldouglas

Sainsbury nutburgers and Sainsbury Butternut Squash Bake. Lovley, but probably wouldn't survive the trip in a suitcase. I know all these things can be made from scratch when one is actually there, but hey, you are on holiday, who wants to cook loads.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi L&L,it will be good to see you both again,we now have live music on wed and sat nights!and if you realy do miss your bacon we always have proper irish bacon for breakfast lol.
chat soon Jim.

Lol, Hi Guys, yes we're too looking forwardto sitting atop on the Terrace and enjoying a meal, and wine, of course.

L & L

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Must be something strange about me, I have been here 9 weeks now and the only cravings I have had were Sunday lunch (once) and curry ( 2/3 ) I satisfied both cravings at Morgul Antik!

I am looking forward to the Strongbow cider I have been told I can get when doing the visa run to Kos!!

You're probably right Pat, but it's purely psychological, lol. Just love bacon sarnies for brunch, cured many a hangover for me :hehe:

Lesley

Latest Posts

Top Bottom