yvonneamor

missamor
Yalikavak
can anyone help we are going to Bodrum next week ( normally stay in KAllkan or Noth Cyprus )
We have looked at Yalicavalick but the wind factor puts me off is it a cool wind and is it very windy and cool at night ? We went to Morroco last August it was so windy and cold !!!
We have also looked at Gumsuluck which I love but cant find accomadation and Turkunbru which looks a bit youing and party party
Yalicavalick is my first choice but the wind puts me off....... Any one help

Last edited by a moderator:

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Yalikavak
Re: yALIKAVALICK

I live just around the coast from Yalikavak and yes it is breezy but believe me you will be thankful of the breeze at this time of year, the temperature does not drop below 25 degrees at night and there is no way you will be cold! Daytime temperatures at the moment are approaching 40 degrees. Yalikavak is a lovely place you should give it a try

felixthecat

felixthecat
Yalikavak

the wind is no problem you will be glad of it dont worry very hot here in yalikavak at the moment i live here and love the nice breeze(not wınd)so refreshıng when you are sat on the beach.and as for the nıghts ıt ıs nıce and cool not cold whıch we need after the hot days.has for turkbuqu(sorry spellt ıt wrong)very expensıve ı thınk you wıll enjoy yalı very much.

PASH

Yalikavak

I agree with the above, its one of the reasons we chose to stay in Yalikavak, the breeze makes the temperatures tolerable. Only down side is you do not realise when you are burning!!

D

Deleted member 13863

Yalikavak

When I go at this time of year, I am so glad of the breeze. The dead heat in Bodrum and Gumbet is styfling. The breeze in Yalikavak is so welcome when you have spent the day in either of those places.

Sometimes it is really windy at the sea front but completely still further back and I have to leave my balcony and go to the beach to get some relief from the heat.

My friend was out there recently and said there were 3 days when there was no breeze and she actually prayed for rain as the air was so dry.

jolo

elaine k

Yalikavak

I have chosen yalikavak as my holiday destination this year, after visiting it one morning last year. It looked so quaint and peaceful that when the opportunity arose to holiday here I took it. I too was slightly concerned about the wind factor at night, but after being in Bodrum peninsular in July last year and the temperature regularly hitting 40 degrees during the day, and dropping to 27/28 at night, I am praying for a breeze and air to breathe. Im just going to pack a pashmina which I can cover arms or legs at night should it be cool at night. I have been to Agadir twice in august and the weather there is much much cooler during August than Turkey, in fact I remember wearing a jacket and covering up with a towel as the temperature dropped so severely at night. Hopefully this helps you a little.

Yalikavak

I agree with all of the above comments, Kalkan is nice but Yalikavak is better! I take a pashmina with me in the evenings but often don't need it.

Spyrogal

Sally from Yali
Yalikavak
Even in April it wasn't cold at night, but one of the things I love about Yalikavak in the summer is that first drink of the evening when you are freshly showered and sitting on the balcony with a gentle breeze and the setting sun - fab. And it can't come too soon. Even if it gets windy it's never cold in the summer, just take a pashmina for around your neck if you don't like draughts!

Sally

Yalikavak
Yalikavak is wonderful, and the breeze as previously stated is most welcome at times as a relief from the heat. Even if it is windy during the evening or night there are plenty of places and restaurants where you can escape it completely should you wish to. I can't imagine anyone feeling the cold this time of the year, no matter how breezy

babybzzz

Yalikavak
on 30th iul i came in yalikavak and i stay on Family Belvedere Hotel ? someone know this hotel? and the beach where is the best place do tacke sun and lisen music? please i whait for an answer!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom