beastofbodrum

BEASTOFBODRUM
Yalikavak Restaurants.
Hi everyone.
What a great forum you guys have here. I have been looking with great interest over the past few months and thought it would be a good time to join you all for a little bit of guidance/chit chat and help if needed. I have been coming to Yalikavak for the past couple of years and really love the place.
With regard to your restaurant thread I feel I must sing the praises of Sofi's on the main street. Fantastic food, great prices, awesome atmosphere, and above all a most welcoming host in Alex.( And a free ride home!) Then of course you have Dede's, Kosede,( both offering free rides home!) Honeypot, Secret Garden and On The Road all serving superb cuisne and I have never had any problems at any of them. And yes I agree with the majority of you, the best steak I have had by far is at Musti's.
All in all I think I can honestly say that I have eaten in most of the restaurants in the town and only ever felt uncomfortable in one.
Not a bad average I think you'll agree. :tigger:
So to conclude my first post, if you really want to made welcome in a Yali eaterie check out Alex at Sofi's and Ozkan at Dede's. Both highly recommended.
Cheers for now.
The Beast.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13863

Yalikavak Restaurants.
Welcome to the forum Beast of Bodrum.

Please tell use about yourself in the introduction section.

We all agree Yali wins hands down for the best restaurants in the Bodrum Peninsula.

beastofbodrum

BEASTOFBODRUM
Yalikavak Restaurants.
Blimey you lot are quick!!!!
Quick answers............No not there at the moment, but will be later in the year.............
Introduce myself in the introduction section?..........give me a while.................only just sorted out how to register!

D

Deleted member 13863

Yalikavak Restaurants.
You are doing good takes a few days to get the hang of this forum stuff, new to it myself.

jolo

OWENA

Yalikavak Restaurants.
So to conclude my first post, if you really want to made welcome in a Yali eaterie check out Alex at Sofi's and Ozkan at Dede's. Both highly recommended

Totally agree with you. Have known Alex for 5 years and he always makes me and OH feel special. Food in Sofi's good too and the hotel is lovely. Byram at Dede's is a nice man too.

Yalikavak Restaurants.
Welcome The Beast........... Not tried Sofi's (well-not since it's been Sofi's anyhow) No particular reason-just not got round to it.Always stop and have a chat with Alex though. We have eaten at all the others you mentioned, and enjoyed all but "On the Road" Maybe we were just unlucky, but there were 8 of us that particular evening and not one of us enjoyed our meal. Don't know what went wrong in the kitchen that night, but something most definately did.

D

Deleted member 13863

Yalikavak Restaurants.
On the Road, where is it? I thought I had at least seen all the restaurants, even if I hadn't gotten round to trying them.

Last time I saw Alex, he was working in Dedes, before that Sofies before that Mogul or is it not the same Alex. Can't keep up

jolo

beastofbodrum

BEASTOFBODRUM
Yalikavak Restaurants.
On the Road, where is it? I thought I had at least seen all the restaurants, even if I hadn't gotten round to trying them.

Last time I saw Alex, he was working in Dedes, before that Sofies before that Mogul or is it not the same Alex. Can't keep up

jolo
Hi Jolo.
Yep the very same man! Apparently he now part owns Sofis. (Still not sorted the introduction bit out. Doh!! I'll have another go tomorrow.)

Yalikavak Restaurants.
Quite a few of them get around. Part of the fun from one visit to the next is to see who's where.......... On the Road is the last of the first 3 as you go from the beach front into the village. Or the first of the last 3 as you go from the village down towards Dede's, Kosede, Sofi's, 3 Brothers, Mercan, Musti's, Caper's, Our Secret Garden etc; Please don't be put off On the Road by our unfortunate experience. It was so bad, it had to just be an unlucky night. Maybe the cleaner had done the cooking that particular night=who knows!!! We will certainly give them a second chance next year.

Yalikavak Restaurants.
Aha!! If Alex part owns Sofi's it would explain why he was quite serious a lot of the time this year. Last year, and the year before he was a total mad cap, full of the Turkish blarney, and a complete bundle of fun. This year he seemed very subdued a lot of the time, grown up and responsible.

beastofbodrum

BEASTOFBODRUM
Yalikavak Restaurants.
Aha!! If Alex part owns Sofi's it would explain why he was quite serious a lot of the time this year. Last year, and the year before he was a total mad cap, full of the Turkish blarney, and a complete bundle of fun. This year he seemed very subdued a lot of the time, grown up and responsible.
Hi Ken&Deryle.
Yeah noticed that myself. Quite a transformation I thought. But he does deliver on the hosting front don't you agree, and you can't help but love him. The chef he's got is amazing. His prawn dishes are to die for.

OWENA

Yalikavak Restaurants.
There was someone else there last summer - cant remember his name. He used to work in one of the restaurants on the front, now covered with the glass panels.

Is that the same 'Hussain' that was in Morgul's last summer?

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Yalikavak Restaurants.
Last year we had Hasan - Hussien was 2 & 3 years ago along with Alex - Nihat and Tom
Oh how they change around !!
They all seem to learn with us and then move on -- like a training school lol

Latest Posts

Top Bottom