anne123

Yacht Crew Wanted
I am looking for one or two yacht crew for the 2010 season (May -October) I am very flexible as to dates of departure as my wife cannot crew this year. The boat is moored at Cokertme on the Gokova Gulf about 40 km from Bodrum Airport. The only expenses on board would be a share of any mooring fees and a share of any fuel we use. Here is a link to photo of Isla on her pontoon mooring. Please realise this is for leisurely cruises on a Magregor 26M and for daysails and cruises for about 4 days. We travel about 15 to 25 miles per day. There is dolmus transport to and from Cokertme and Bodrum and accomodation is free onboard.

P1000590.jpg

Last edited:

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Yacht Crew Wanted
Just an idea - have you thought of Gumtree website? Usually lots of adventurous travellers/Antipodeans on there. Mind you my old boss came to regret that idea after she was inudated with replies...after sorting the wheat from the chaff (? is that right) half the interviewees didn't bother showing up.
Best of luck with it, Carol

scattea

Yacht Crew Wanted
As above, I know nothing about boats but I believe this is an excellent opportunity for someone.
Out of curiosity, what would a similar boat like yours cost and then the ongoing costs, do you have to stay near to the coastline or can you sail it in open seas?

kaplumba

Yacht Crew Wanted
Fabulous opportunity, I love sailing and it caught my eye straight away. However I don't think I could get away with it!! Imagine saying to hubbie -'Oh I'm just off for a weeks sailing with a bloke I have never met'!!!
Crash tester, the idea with a sailing yacht is to use the sails and not the engine. You just switch it on to get in and out of harbours and if the wind drops to nothing.

Saoirse

Yacht Crew Wanted
I know nothing about boats but I am prepared to give it a blast, could be a giggle

How hard could it be to drive a boat

What sort of wages are you thinking of paying?

kaplumba

Yacht Crew Wanted
ROFL Philip you sail it not drive it. It's exhilarating and so much fun and I love it. If I can learn anyone can but I still have problems really understanding the wind. I just get the hang of where it is and what it's doing and then it changes!!! Now I'm just trying to dream up an excuse to get away for a week.

Last edited:

Saoirse

Yacht Crew Wanted
well there you are thats 2 crew so far

Kaplumba can pull ropes and shiver the timbers etc, I'll steer it and watch out for crows in the nest etc

Lookin forward to this now

kaplumba

Yacht Crew Wanted
We need a galley slave now to make the tea.
Perhaps one of those golden girls would be just the ticket.

Saoirse

Yacht Crew Wanted
oh theres a few on here I could happily throw overboard!

The ship looks expensive so are we odds on for very good wages?

Pete&Mag

Yacht Crew Wanted
There are Crew agencies like crewseekers. A lot of people just put notices up at Marinas. Problem is ,you cant afford to get stuck with a lemon on a 26ft boat.
P.S. Mikehibb on here,has his boat moored at Yalikavak marina. He may have contacts which could help

Saoirse

Yacht Crew Wanted
went off the whole idea now

Probably a typical rich lot. Big boat and looking the staff to work for buttons

I will stick with the pedaloes

hijo

in my own clique
Yacht Crew Wanted
..ditto ..like it lead me to the plank..:468bo::thanks:

Last edited:

Saoirse

Yacht Crew Wanted