felixthecat

felixthecat
Xmas fayre yalikavak re-street cats and dogs
Well we are up and runnıng wıth the fayre.mıchelle and zahit from zorro'S have kındly offered to let use theır premıses for the venue,whıch wıll be om the 6th december.
So ıt ıs all systems go, goıng to prınt posters and leaflets to dıstrıbute ın the vıllage and market on thursday.
People have offered donatıons so lets make ıt a good day for the anımals.
If other places on the pennısılur can do ıt why not yalıkavak.

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
good luck with it, we had a sale but also an auction for a bottle of spirits that someone had donated we also had 'guess the amount of change' the person who guessed nearest the right amount won 8 beers and Akin from corner bar in Turgutreis kindly sold us the beer at cost

what we did was to collect any coins people cared to donate and put them in a clear jar we then charged people 1TL a guess, after paying for the beer, the amount collected, including the small change, was added to the total for the day. you'd be surprised how much you can collect when there's a chance of winning beer!!!!!

Last edited:

felixthecat

felixthecat
Thanks for the suggestıons babsgood yes we are goıng to do the spırıts thıng and hopefully we are goıng to auctıon a peddle bıke whıch janets husband (bayram) has donated.
The change ın the jar ıs a good ıdea any more wıll be gladly recıeved.

waterbaby

Glad the venue is arranged, hope everyone makes it a worthwhile day for the animals.

waterbaby

Not really seen that many posts about the event,was just wondering if everything is still going ahead on said date @ said venue? Thanks

felixthecat

felixthecat
Re STREET ANIMALS YALIKAVAK

Met up wıth sylvıa today and The catch and Return Programme ıs makıng good progress.
Good to hear some posıtıve thıngs wıll be happenıng ın the near future.
And just a remınder about the xmas fayre on sunday at zorro bar ın yalıkavak hope to see plenty of you there.
Lets make ıt a good turn out:3:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Re: Re STREET ANIMALS YALIKAVAK

Thank you for your update, it was also a very positive write up in the Bodrum Bulletin, this issue #25 this morning too. Let's hope, as in the Akbuk area that the resident vet will come forward as Vet Yaaser has done and offer free neutering/spaying programme to help this very worthy project. I hope that the Christmas Fayre is a huge success on Saturday 6th December.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Re: Re STREET ANIMALS YALIKAVAK

:49: Good to hear some posative news Hope all goe's well for the farye :50:
,and hope theres a good show of support for this fine effor

:50:. ,Diane . .:255ji::

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Its very good to hear that the council are at long last going to help us in our efforts to help the street animals
I had a very long chat today with Sylvia - she knows that I have already raised alot of money over the past 12 years for this -- it will be absolutely GREAT to have help and to form a proper "" association "
This should all come together next season and be fully operational - Sylvia will be away until May but I will be back beginning April and there are others here in winter.
We aim to find " sponsers " for dogs and cats - details of this will be available in my restaurant and other places - it will be fully official - and
" sponsers " will get a certificate and monthly updates re their animals.
Thats all I know at present but this will be GREAT for Yalikavak

Good luck for Sunday - sorry I have not anything to bring because all my spare stuff was raffled during the season --( for the animal fund )
not sure if I can attend cos will be rushing around ready for early morning flight on Monday

waterbaby

Good Luck for sunday, hope you get a good turn out and the weather wont be a factor in the numbers.

waterbaby

So C'mon then ...hands up ..whos going to show their support on sunday?

come on everyone in yali,, lets show our support for the street dogs and cats by going to the christmas fayre at zorro's on sunday morning,,, see you all there,,,,,

ChrisBobs

I haven't seen an actual time span that the fayre will held over.
It seems to be
Sunday 6 December
Zorro's Bar ( central Village - ..just off the old harbour..? are there better directions?)
Between X am- x pm

People will travel from Bodrum for Turgutreis fair next week , so aim wide!
Good luck

bayjan

Sorry Chrisbobs and everybody else that has enquired.
Felix the cat is so excited about the whole thing she forgot the time. we will start at 11am and go on until the last person has left. We will endevour to put some signs up around the harbour area with directions.

bayjan

Just for info.
The 'association' for the street cats and dogs is up and running NOW. There will be info posted on the Bodrum Bulletin, on this site, and throughout the village during the winter months
We will still be fundraising at Bitez on Sundays, so donations will still be taken by Fulya the vet and following the next meeting on Monday another drop of point for donations may be announced.
Check out the Bodrum Bulletin for the full story on the founding of the association.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Just for info.
The 'association' for the street cats and dogs is up and running NOW. There will be info posted on the Bodrum Bulletin, on this site, and throughout the village during the winter months
We will still be fundraising at Bitez on Sundays, so donations will still be taken by Fulya the vet and following the next meeting on Monday another drop of point for donations may be announced.
Check out the Bodrum Bulletin for the full story on the founding of the association.

Thank you Bayjan, I found the article and latest funding info on the Bodrum Bulletin very useful. At least the pot is growing, albeit slowly at this time. As I have said before I feel useless to help physically because I am in the UK, but when we come back in the spring, I will help by bringing items for your raffles etc. Meanwhile as suggested on another thread/post, about those of us who wish to contribute financially is sponsoring an animal, are there any plans for setting up say a Paypal account.

bayjan

Hi Sunnyseasider,
I will be attending the next meeting of the association so will raise the question of donations from the UK.
If anyone else has anything they wish raising or any suggestions I will be only too happy to raise them on your behalf.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom