Mushtaq

Founding Member
XMAS and Newyear in Turkey
I have friends who want to spend XMAS and Newyear in Turkey, Altinkum would be handy as they can use my place, but other areas would be considered too.

So what are the flight options from London area? is it practical?

Anyone going round that time?

canim

Mustaq,
as you know the Charter flights into Bodrum stop at the end of this month.

so there isnt a huge range of choice of what flights are available.

I've been looking over the past 2 weeks for a friend who wants to go out for New Year & best we came up with was a Lufthansa flight into Izmir, the best price was around £350 per person (as avaialbility is pretty low)

The Lufthansa flights go from heathrow via Munich.
Turkish airlines also have flights via Istanbul ... but when i last checked they were more expensive.

Another option is British airways to Istanbul & connect onto an Onur air flight to Izmir.

Bodrum is pretty much out of the question, as the flights are very few & far between in Decemeber.

There is also the charter flights into Dalaman & then taxi / hire car down to Altinkum.

bryn

No Active Member
Antalya has all year flights if they fancy the area, if they are golfers then belek would be ideal as all the good 5 stars are obviously in full swing for the high golf season and have plenty of other entertainment.

Mushtaq

Founding Member
I had a look around and Dalaman is still open during the period, so that might be an option.

Flying into Antalya is an option too, but will need a hotel for them to stay at, any recommendatoins around that area?

They would prefer a hotel to relax in with couple of kids, not interested in golf.

merlin

The Pegasus is a really nice 4 star in Kemer and also has a decent size indoor pool.

Highly recommended.

Merv

canim

There are some good hotel deals on www.medhotels.com for Christmas & new year.

there are still early booking discounts available.

great deals on half board & all inclusive in the Antalya area

Last edited:

milly

Hi Mushtaq
I booked early in the year with Thomas cook flying from manchester to istanbul for £134,

lilly

Hi, just booked my flight with cyprus turkish airlines direct from heathrow to izmir on the 28th of january for 232 pounds. They also quoted me 237 pounds for the27th of december.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom