willip

willip
www.easyjet.CON
On 27th December i booked some cheap flights with easyjet for £115 each return for myself and a friend. When i gave my friend her print out for her ticket she noticed I had spelt her name wrong, so went on line today to change the name which it said would cost £50. I filled the details in and when i went to pay it cost £190. I thought i had made a mistake so i rang the easyjet call centre and they said it was correct because the flights have gone up since i made the booking to £255 i also have to pay the difference. also added another £1.50p for paying by card.So because i left the i off a name it has cost myself another £191.50p. not very happy will never use these again.:angry:

Do other flight companies do this for a name change?

Pat

thingthong

www.easyjet.CON
Costly mistake,you wont do that again...................you cant blame easyjet for that.............all airlines charge if the price goes up also...............Personally i love easyjet,name any other airline that allows you to fly to turkey from the uk in june for under 60 quid???None..........................

Last edited:

Tess

www.easyjet.CON
Oh Pat, it really does take the shine of any bargain. Costly it is to do anything it seems after a booking. I got a bit of a bummer myself one time cost me 128 quid to put right, jeez I am dead sure now before I click.

parrot

www.easyjet.CON
Whilst I sympathise with your situation,as you said you made a mistake as it turns out a costly one.I have used them quite a few times and never had a problem in fact found them to be even better than BA,who I have also used quite a bit.It's unfortunate that this has happened to you.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
www.easyjet.CON
Crikey, that's a sting on you for that mistake Pat. We have booked and changed flight dates many times with Onur Air and they charge £20 plus if the flight has increased the difference in payment. I think Jet2.com are also pricey if you need to make a change to the flight details.

jewel

www.easyjet.CON
But you have already bought the seat at the lower price except that the name is spelt incorrect, how can they justify such an exorbitant charge just to change the spelling mistake? it stinks. jewel x

ted j

www.easyjet.CON
Just been on their website (try it). it says flights from Liverpool- Bodrum, June from £60 odd quid, then.............. try and find any. The cheapest flights for june start at over£120 ???????????

deco

www.easyjet.CON
Hi
i have had this problem myself with virgin last year and when i phoned them they wanted to charge for correcting the mistake after a lenghty argument i slammed down the phone, once i cooled down i phoned back and spoke with someone else who told me there was no problem has long has there was not more than 2 letters wrong in the name. personally i would check if this still applies and contact them for your money back.hope this helps.
Cheers Dean

ted j

www.easyjet.CON
Try this site instead Cheap flights from Manchester to Bodrum (Turkey) . We've flown with airtours direct twice, 2 hr delay once, but everything else ok ( they do flights from other airports as well). at the moment, they are doing Man- Bod in June for £350 (2 peeps rtn). Easyjet are doing 1 day earlier for £390 (2 peeps rtn)

Last edited:

willip

willip
www.easyjet.CON
But you have already bought the seat at the lower price except that the name is spelt incorrect, how can they justify such an exorbitant charge just to change the spelling mistake? it stinks. jewel x

thanks Jewel,this is what i cannot understand, i am not changing my flight in anyway just adjusting a spelling mistake, thought it was costly £50 but that was for the admin.

Martyn

www.easyjet.CON
It stinks. If it is clearly a typo then it should be done for a very small(if any) charge. I can understand for a complete name change because people could snap up cheap flights very early on at say £60 then sell them on at £120 when the flight prices go up so in that case you can understand a higher charge.

Tess

www.easyjet.CON
Pat, I would be inclined to ring them back and speak to a supervisor or something, may not help but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
www.easyjet.CON
Before we went to Gib BA got my name wrong twice. Seemingly when they changed it to the proper name the seat is cancelled and it's like a rebooking. My seat was no longer available but they upgraded me to business class {not Victor}. When i stepped on the plane i told the waitresses what had happened and they let Victor sit with me.
I should've have known , sitting in that travel agent that this holiday was not to go ahead as planned lol

Jeannie

Johnjo

www.easyjet.CON
Costly mistake,you wont do that again...................you cant blame easyjet for that.............all airlines charge if the price goes up also...............Personally i love easyjet,name any other airline that allows you to fly to turkey from the uk in june for under 60 quid???None..........................

................:)..............................:).......................:)

Robert

www.easyjet.CON
On 27th December i booked some cheap flights with easyjet for £115 each return for myself and a friend. When i gave my friend her print out for her ticket she noticed I had spelt her name wrong, so went on line today to change the name which it said would cost £50. I filled the details in and when i went to pay it cost £190. I thought i had made a mistake so i rang the easyjet call centre and they said it was correct because the flights have gone up since i made the booking to £255 i also have to pay the difference. also added another £1.50p for paying by card.So because i left the i off a name it has cost myself another £191.50p. not very happy will never use these again.:angry:

Do other flight companies do this for a name change?

Pat
Imust say I definatly side with you on this one. It's outragous that they take advantage of a simple mistake in this way. O.K. a nominal fee to cover the admin. costs. I.M amazed that some of you have come on to defend this kind of behaiour by the airlines,

ZiaCa'

www.easyjet.CON
Pat, I would be inclined to ring them back and speak to a supervisor or something, may not help but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I agree!

This doesn't sound right - I thought changes were charged, if made online, £25 per name change, £25 to change route or flight plus the difference on the flight or route if there is any. There shouldn't be any other charge on a name change as the flight was still the same (date/time/route)? Otherwise you may have been better off buying a new ticket altogether!

Yesterday I changed flying date on my easyjet flights and paid the £25 and luckily there was no difference in the flight price.

Once I booked my mum under her maiden name instead of her married name which is on her passport. We only realised when we got to Gatwick Easyjet Check In but luckily they changed it at no charge - whether because she is disabled and they didn't want to make life difficult for her who knows....

Last edited:
www.easyjet.CON
I booked my friends ticket last year and misspelled his surname. At the check-in he explained to them that the ticket was booked and paid by someone else and that I made the mistake.
They checked the passport and the ticket and let him through.. It was also an Easyjet flight.
I believe that the change of name only happens when it is totally a different person, not with spelling mistakes..

LITCH

www.easyjet.CON
Do you know what? I bet they wouldn't have even noticed, they have that many people going through they haven't got time to check each name they just take a cursory glance.

alisons

www.easyjet.CON
i changed an easy jet spelling mistake in october (had one letter wrong in the surname) was waiting to be charged and told thanks for letting us know !!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom