car tax 60%
fags up to 9 lira !!!
gas 40%
not sure about the others
soon it will be will the last one out of turkey turn the lights off

Saoirse

Top Poster Of Month
wow car tax,electricity,gas,petrol,fags and bread
Jesus they are some increases esp that car tax!

Squeaky

Good evening:

I have checked all the English language Turkish newspapers that I know of and have seen nothing concerning any price rises.

I think before publishing posts such as this that the poster owes it to the rest of us to include some indication as to where this information came from especially considering the implications.

Before I believe any of this I would appreciate learning where this information came from - a drunk down at the local bar perhaps.

Cheers

Squeaky

P.S On another forum I read there are often posts (known as trolls) which are only posted to annoy or start an argument. I have not seen that term used here but wonder if this post is not the first troll.

Last edited:
well i saw it on the news tonight
so wait and see if anyone else saw it

ps i dont go down to the local bar thanks ha

Last edited by a moderator:

REDDERS

We live here full time & it has been published in the Bodrum Bulletin that road tax has increased by 2%>2.14%,depending on engine c.c..Bottled gas has increased this winter from our supplier,BP,from 46tl in the summer to 52.50tl now(12.5k.g.).I've heard nothing about cigarettes increasing.

Regards,Martin..

saffie

Saffie
I too have been checking the car tax increases and,like Redders,can only see increases of between 2 and 2.14% so cannot see how the tax would increase by 60%???? If that were the case,most cars would be off the road in no time as who on earth would be able to afford an increase of that amount?

Whilst I always appreciate being alerted to the latest news which may concern me,as Squeky has stated,I would also prefer if posts such as this are to be made,that a reliable source of the information is stated since this can only cause panic and unnecessary concern.

saffie

saffie

alison09400

I've heard nothing on the news about car taxes or cigarettes going up in price. My hubby smokes and he's heard nothing about the fags either.

As for gas, I use BP and a gas bottle here in Kusadasi was 48tl.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Good evening:

I have checked all the English language Turkish newspapers that I know of and have seen nothing concerning any price rises.

I think before publishing posts such as this that the poster owes it to the rest of us to include some indication as to where this information came from especially considering the implications.

Before I believe any of this I would appreciate learning where this information came from - a drunk down at the local bar perhaps.

Cheers

Squeaky

P.S On another forum I read there are often posts (known as trolls) which are only posted to annoy or start an argument. I have not seen that term used here but wonder if this post is not the first troll.

One of our Moderators Martyn, is a Troll spotter, he'll suss them, lol

zozatky

Eigaz here in Kusadasi 39.90 As for vehicle tax the magic figure is 1.8 over this it starts to increase fast.

SonnyJim

Living in Paradise!
Water has just gone up here by 20%.

We already pay 800tl for car tax, so if there is a 60% rise, we will be selling it!!

suzyq

I saw it on the news last night as well but for some reason it hasn't hit the Turkish newspapers as far as I can see :(

saffie

Saffie
NEW: 2010 Vehicle Tax

2010 Vehicle Tax will be due in January. We recommend that you pay this at the Bodrum Tax Office (tax paid online through a Turkish bank has a tendency to end up being paid to the Muğla tax office rather than the Bodrum one!). We have not been advised of the full table of rates, but for cars aged 1-3 years, the prices are as follows:
Engine Size (cc) 2009 Price 2010 Price '09-'10 Increase
1300 or less 393 TL 401 TL 2.00%
1301 - 1600 628 TL 641 TL 2.03%
1601 - 1800 1,104 TL 1,128 TL 2.13%
1801 - 2000 1,736 TL 1,774 TL 2.14%
2001 - 2500 2,605 TL 2,662 TL 2.14%
2501 - 3000 3,631 TL 3,710 TL 2.13%
3001 - 3500 5,529 TL 5,650 TL 2.14%
3501 - 4000 8,690 TL 8,881 TL 2.15%
4000 or more 14,220 TL 14,532 TL 2.15%
*Source: Muhasebe Rehberi - MuhasebeNet.Net  " Türkiye' nin Muhasebe Rehberi " - 2010

Copied from the latest bodrum bulletin website( I hope I am allowed to do that? It's a very informative bulletin- thanks to Dave. Bodrum Bulletin - Delivering news and events across the Bodrum peninsula)

saffie

saffie

Martyn

That is expensive for road tax, much more than the uk!

saffie

Saffie
Vehicle Tax Calculator 2009

The car tax can be calculated using Dave's excellent car tax calculator on Bodrum Bulletin. If the car is older than 3 years the road tax is,for some strange reason,less than for newer models.

eg. When I went to pay my car tax last year, I was charged 274 TL for the full year for a car registered in 2000 and 1398cc whereas a newer vehicle would have cost 628 TL.( huge difference )

Please note that the calculator is currently showing 2009 costs but based on the latest info the increase is around 2-2.15%.

pldouglas

Just out of interest and because it is relevant to this thread - what is the current inflation rate in Turkey, it was pretty high still earlier this year wasn't it?

Akbuk Rob

Just out of interest and because it is relevant to this thread - what is the current inflation rate in Turkey, it was pretty high still earlier this year wasn't it?
Annual CPI inflation stood at 5.08 percent in October.

Annual inflation in October went down to 4.96 percent in the goods group, while it rose to 5.42 percent in the services group.

Source: Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
SUMMARY OF THE MONETARY POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
Meeting Date: 10 November 2009 - Publication Date: 02 December 2009

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
This government makes me shake my head.....earlier this year they completely removed the taxes to purchase a vehice, now that they got everyone to buy they have increased the road tax by a very considerable margin. Wouldn't mind so much if the tax money went to make the roads safer, we know that isn't going to happen though.

Bob

Latest Posts

Top Bottom