labman

Wouldn't it be nice?????
Wouldn't it be nice?????.......

........if all the honest Emlaks / builders / companies etc gave some comment on what is going on, as far as I understand things they - "probably all the good and bad" watch the forums to get a general feel of opinion and will offer advice when there is an element of "gain" to be derived from posting (please understand I am not pointing fingers here as I understand there are those who don't )but....

Wouldn't it be nice if we all saw support from our Turkish counterparts who want to strive to do business in a correct manner and exclude the individuals who clearly have other ideas, thereby showing the powers to be that serious change is needed to protect both sides (or is there an issue in doing this - I don't know)

Our ongoing pressure is very important but not as potent as it would be coming from the Turkish side of things (in my opinion)

I wrote this on the forum to see who will come forward and support a legally transparent system, one that will see both sides come together in an effort to erradicate the dishonest, and reward good honest people (which my heart says is the great majority)

Please stand up and be counted because may people have lost their life savings and in some cases much more.

LM

Wouldn't it be nice?????
Hi there Labman
there are hundreds and thousands of people buying in Turkey world wide ... this forum is a fraction of buyers and sellers..and most most of the sales go though without a problem

labman

Wouldn't it be nice?????
Hi there Labman
there are hundreds and thousands of people buying in Turkey world wide ... this forum is a fraction of buyers and sellers..and most most of the sales go though without a problem

Understand what you say, but all I' m asking for is support, there are many as you quite rightly say who can offer it, just want to see it?

LM

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Wouldn't it be nice?????
Sounds a bit cryptic to me Labman. "what is going on" could be referring to a few different things so if I were an Emlak I would'nt really know what to say.

carolk

R.I.P
Wouldn't it be nice?????
Hi Labman, in my opinion you will be waiting a long time, so don't hold your breath!!

Yes I agree, it costs nothing to support the unfortunate people who have had a bad experience buying here in Turkey.

What really makes me laugh is are all these things that keep being put on here about the me, me, me brigade - how its ruining the UK etc. Well this is a small example of it!! 'The I'm all right jack' brigade, yet this kind of support for each other is so admired in any other culture except our own.

labman

Wouldn't it be nice?????
Sounds a bit cryptic to me Labman. "what is going on" could be referring to a few different things so if I were an Emlak I would'nt really know what to say.

Just honesty, nothing more.

Can't understand how it mean't anything else, if it did then my appologies. Just want to see support from the business people in Turkey who would like to see change, wouldn't you?

LM

Wouldn't it be nice?????
emlaks have been invited to join the ripped off website to put their points accross as of yet only one has joined so does that not tell you something!!!!
my emlak was contacted last week by itv to let them know about the show and if(BIG IF) there was anything they wanted to add, obviously not as we still couldnt name them.
to be honest i couldnt give to ****s for my apartment in turkey anymore as my families dreams have been turned into the worst nightmare you could ever imagine as long as i can make others aware about the problems they could come up against then i lose nothing as i have already lost it.
we just want to show the government out there that their purchasing laws for foreigners need sorting out BIG TIME
itv contacted me after reading our story in the local paper , that and the fact that they are doing a few programmes this week and next on itv on holiday horrors(referrring to the purchasing of properties in turkey , cyprus and spain)

Last edited:

Carolyn

Wouldn't it be nice?????
To be brutually honest, I tried to persuade our friend who worked for the Emlak when we bought our house 5 years ago if he would consider joining the forum. I thought he could be a valuable source of information and answer some of the questions that kept on cropping up time and time again.

I let him log on under my user name a few times just to see what was going on and when I asked him if he had thought about joining he felt it would be a waste of his time because of the amount of dross that is posted on a regular basis! His opinion, not mine, so don't shoot the messenger.

For the record, I am not of the "me, me, me" brigade either. I don't mind seeing it "warts and all" we were fortunate, all our experiences were positive ones, and I feel for those who have lost so much but I can't make my experience a bad one just to fit in.

Yes, we are property owners but have absolutely no intention of selling up.

If people are put off buying by hearing of dodgy dealings perhaps builders will stop throwing up shells of villas everywhere and buying up all available land for development which would certainly suit us!

I agree with Shirley's very valid point - this forum and the members of it who own, or are planning to buy or have attempted to buy, are just a drop in the ocean of a much larger picture.

I think too people often research for positive information to support their ideas rather than taking on board notes of caution. How many of us belong to the "It couldn't happen to me" brigade?

labman

Wouldn't it be nice?????
you call yourself a south walian well i hope you are never in a situation like i am talk about support your fellow country men i certainly wouldnt want support from you if this is your answer.
emlaks have been invited to join the ripped off website to put their points accross as of yet only one has joined so does that not tell you something!!!!
my emlak was contacted last week by itv to let them know about the show and if(BIG IF) there was anything they wanted to add, obviously not as we still couldnt name them.
to be honest i couldnt give to ****s for my apartment in turkey anymore as my families dreams have been turned into the worst nightmare you could ever imagine as long as i can make others aware about the problems they could come up against then i lose nothing as i have already lost it.
we just want to show the government out there that their purchasing laws for foreigners need sorting out BIG TIME
and if you were referrring to me going on the tv then just to let you know they contacted me after reading aou story in the local paper , that and the fact that they are doing a few programmes this week and next on itv on holiday horrors(referrring to the purchasing of properties in turkey , cyprus and spain)

Please understand me correctly, I support everything that is trying to
expose bad business in Turkey and have signed the petition accordingly. What I was trying to say was that if there are good business people out there in Turkey, please come forward and support the people who have been misled, both financially and emotionally.

I mean no malice in writing this post and if it has come accross in that way then I appologise. I understand that its an emotive subject but your reply is targeted at the wrong person.

LM

Wouldn't it be nice?????
im awful sorry labman i totally misread the post and corrected it just before u posted the last post, i have had a very stressful day, im knackered and had a glass or 2 or wine so please accept my apologies, im now off to bed before i upset anyone else.
and thank u very much for your support and for signing the petition

labman

Wouldn't it be nice?????
im awful sorry labman i totally misread the post and corrected it just before u posted the last post, i have had a very stressful day, im knackered and had a glass or 2 or wine so please accept my apologies, im now off to bed before i upset anyone else.
and thank u very much for your support and for signing the petition

No problems, no need to appologise.

LM

Guz1

Wouldn't it be nice?????
Yes, Labman, it would be nice to see more support from agents and other Turkish businesses. There's an interesting comment from signatory no. 482 on Beckie's petition.

Although TLF members are only a tiny percentage of foreign owners of property in Turkey, no doubt there are similar forums for Dutch, German, French and other nationalities. For all we know, people of those nationalities could be trying to have things changed for the better. If so, a united approach might be more effective.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Wouldn't it be nice?????
I think I understand what your getting at Labman.To have all the decent business to unite against a behaviour that is tarnishing the good one’s the same as the bad one’s together with the same paint brush.
There are some very good estate agents out there with a code of respect towards their clients without any of the sinister motive they have planned with their team of a lawyer and builder and themselves.The businesses with sinister motives are giving a bad name for all of the businesses here,because of the wagging tongue is spreading the word of corruption is rife in Turkey without any protection.
All the decent businesses should unite together and eradicate this virus of corruption that has been spreading from the wicked minds from these sinister businesses,once and for all,so the decent can flourish and restore a good reputation that can grow in strength if the wicked minds do not interfere anymore.

peter the postie

Wer'e not really here
Wouldn't it be nice?????
The root of the problem is'nt the Emlaks, or for that matter the builders. The Turkish property law is where the blame should be laid ultimately. Anybody could become an Emlak, and there should have been laws in place to prevent that for a start.

Of course there are con merchants, there are in any country in the world. But without the free reign the government give them they would'nt be able to pull the stunts they do.
Beckie & Taffy have done the right thing and brought it firmly into the media limelight, but other than that there is'nt too much us mere mortals can do. Yes we can influence decisions at local council level, but thats about it.

The Turkish government seem to just patch proceedure's up as they go along, and its just not good enough.

carolk

R.I.P
Wouldn't it be nice?????
Hi CT, it is very rare I disagree with you but do, on this occasion.

It would be nice if more emlaks would join forces with buyers and come to forums like this to try to make a difference as it is very easy to create a feeling of wanting the pitfalls/scams and cons to remain by doing nothing. But if I were in their shoes I probably wouldnt want to get involved either as this is a 'system' failure over and above anything else.

Saying the above is like saying the present MP scandal is all the governments fault!! They, (MP's) are individially being brought to book for finding and flaunting those loophoels. Is that then, just a systems failure? How is this any different?!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom