perfect1949

i just love my clique
would you like to live till you was 130
today on the news, a woman in gorgia, allegedly as reached her 130 th birthday .who wants to live that long ?

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Top Poster Of Month
Linsey's gran was 99 and about to celebrate her 100th next month but sadly died on monday morning, she wasnt ill just old.
i think she could have handled a few more years !

martin

Saoirse

always a pet hate of mine when someone very elderly dies and some people say "well they had a good innings"

It doesnt matter if you are 412, if its you lying there on your deathbed (suffering excluded) you wouldnt think "oh its ok dying, I had a good ininngs"

perfect1949

i just love my clique
Linsey's gran was 99 and about to celebrate her 100th next month but sadly died on monday morning, she wasnt ill just old.
i think she could have handled a few more years !

martin

very sorry to here that martin ,and give my regards to linsey

Martyn

I think it's when you see them old and unable to do anything. My elderly mother-in-law is living with us every other week and she is 91. Gradually she is losing any mobility she has and getting more and more confused. It's then when I think it's not for me, no quality of life.

Last edited:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Well it depends if you are still in reasonably good health
My Grandad died at the great age of 109 - he was officially the oldest man in Great Britain - what a great gentleman he was - loads of stories to tell about the 2 world wars and fighting on the Somme --- and the "bullet holes " in his leg !!!
and he still had a fine head of pure white hair !

Condolences to Martin and Lindsay on your sad loss

It all depends on quality of life, my mother had parkinsons and arthritis and could do nothing for herself, she could only use one finger and thumb but her mind was ok, she was 72 when she died, I dont want the 10 years of hell she had!
Having said that I would like to live a long & healthy life if I can.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moOamKxW844]YouTube - Cabaret, Liza Minnelli[/ame]

I want to live till i die .......Just like Ellsie .....Diane

wesaaron

When someone dies fairly suddenly while doing something they like, why do people say "oh well he died doing what he liked and enjoying himself ??
The last thing I would want to happen when I'm enjoying something is to drop dead, I'd rather die when I'm miserable or bored!!!

It doesnt matter if you are 412, if its you lying there on your deathbed (suffering excluded) you wouldn't think "oh its ok dying, I had a good innings"

I think I would...... no one wants to dye, but it will come eventually and if I'd been lucky enough to reach a reasonable old age and could look back and say 'I had a good innings' I think I could except it was my time....

Like others have said though it all depends on your quality of life, I definitely don't want to become a burden.... I've commented to family if this ever happens then please pass me the pills..... trouble is when your mind has gone your not able to think about ending it for yourself.... as said your totally relying on others for your existence... not somewhere I want to end up...

Saoirse

as I said I was specifically excluding suffering etc

So if you feel that you would just like to die at a certain age why not top yourself when you reach that point?

I think its the most basic human instinct to want to survive and honestly (health/suffering) excluded cannot imagine how anyone would feel "yeah this dying is ok"

No age is reasonable when you get there!!
Philip is right.
Nobody ever wants to die or is happy about it.
We are only here once so you fight like hell to stay as long as possible.
To be honest my obsession for looking after the body (no smoking or much drinking!!) and going to the gym revolves around that and they will have to drag me to my coffin kicking and screaming!!
My mum who went due to cancer at 87 was the same!!
Her doctor said she had the constitution and heart of a 21 yr old and ,apart from the cancer,she would have gone on and on!!
She loved life!!

Martyn

As a person you would want to live as long as possible, it's human nature to try and survive. It's when you are looking at elderly people you have thoughts and reservations. When the time comes you will try and cling onto life.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom