Would like to meet TLF members in Side area
Now that we are in Side full time I thought it would be nice to meet other TLF members in Side. If there is anyone interested in meeting up please pm me and we can arrange something.

Sue and Chris

buzz58uk

Probably the latter. Billy No Mates

Will send 2 waifs and stray's to meet you beginning of next week all you need to do is put them up for a few day's and feed them.

Last edited:

Manda

Hi Sue & Chris!

I live in Side & am quite friendly! We are off back to UK on Monday for 2 weeks to catch up with friends & family & the next few days til then are quite manic. Would be good to meet up for a beer when we get back? Korelli's on a Friday night is quite a good place to meet other expats in the meantime. It's a Turkish night for 15 lira with an all you can eat buffet & quite a good laugh. They have also reduced their price for a big Efes to 2.5 lira, cheapest around here now. Local spirits are 5 lira.

Have fun & maybe see you soon,

Mand & Kev

Leo

Hi Mand & Kev and Sue & Chris,

We're up for it. We are over next week -going to the F1 weekend in Istanbul, then flying down on Monday evening.

Korelli's on Friday evening sounds good - can you tell me where it is (and you will have to be quick, cos we are leaving first thing this Friday).

Hope to see you there....

Cheers

Leo & Sharon

Last edited:

Peregrine

:tigger:
Now that we are in Side full time I thought it would be nice to meet other TLF members in Side. If there is anyone interested in meeting up please pm me and we can arrange something.

Sue and Chris

why would anyone want to meet a bear from Peru, even if he had marmalade sandwiches

(touche)

Manda

Hi Leo & Sharon,

Korelli's is on the main road of Kemer Mah. You go out from Antik Side past the flag, to the next roundabout where you keep on the road to the right. You will pass Bim on your left. Keep going, Medicus will be on your right & then just past that you will come to Korellli's. We will be in the UK for 2 weeks from Monday, but hope you have a good time. The restaurant opposite Bim which is the Kelebek is also well worth going to.

Have fun at the F1,

Mand & Kev

buzz58uk

If Paddington Bear had marmalade sandwiches she'd have to have bacon with them,quite a favourite of her's i recall

How are you getting on living full time in Side? We will be at our Villa in mid September- we are just a short walk away from Korelli and Kelebek (Kemer High Street) Where do you live? Regards Sue and John

angelaturkey

Days On The Beach in Side
I will be in my place near Umut Pide in Side from 1st Sept to 12th Nov 2009 - 8 days and counting - hope to meet you some time then.

Manda - I've been to the 15 Lire all you can eat near you one Friday night -but sorry, never again. The food was awful. And everyone was on long long tables. Ours was a group of about 18 but we could not talk to one another without shouting. May I suggest we meet at Kelebek or One For The Road or Cheers Bar or Umut Pide instead please? Or even down by the harbour at Apollonic to watch the sunset and listen to the beautiful Turkish music there?

Sue - as you know, I have 4 visitors coming to Side and 1 with me for 6 weeks; 3 have never been to Turkey before, so I don't know how free I'll be to meet up but will try my best.

I agree about the buffet at the Korelli- we prefer the Kelebek, so we may see you ther some time. We inten to be in Side from middle of September to middle of October.

Manda

The food at the Turkish night at Koreli's has been very good this year when i have gone. Also they haven't put the tables together, left them all seperate as they are normally set up. We had steak & trout one night & the quality was excellent.
Not the night to go for a quiet chat though, more of a party night.

angelaturkey

Goldiloques + Manda + Sue and Chris + Any other Side/Illica Forum members .... it seems we are all around from mid-September to mid-October ... so shall we set a date to meet up? Kelebek seems to be the favourite and I know they do free pick ups from my area too, so if that suits you all ... how about meeting there on, say,

Wednesday 23rd September 2009 at 7pm for dinner and drinks????

That date would be about mid-way holiday time for a few here. If you could each put a reply on this Forum please - Yes or No - and how many of you - I will book it. Would be good to meet you all and exchange stories. All best wishes, Angela

Hi, we haven't got our flights booked yet. But will confirm that date ASAP. Say hello to Ali for us. Regards Susan and John.

Els

Hi Angela, nice of you to include us Ilica dwellers! Unfortunately it now looks as though we won't be able to have our holiday until October, so can't make the TLF get together on September 23. Maybe next time?

angelaturkey

Hello Els - well, I will be staying in Side until 12th November, so a drink or 2 in October as well would not go amiss!! Let me know a date that would suit you and I will try and meet up with you then, as well as the Side meeting in September.

angelaturkey

Goldiloques - the more the merrier - just let me know the numbers and İ will book it - they also do free pick up from your apt or hotel - so let me know by 20th September please - look forward to meeting you then.

Anyone else coming then for sure? 23rd September at 7pm at Kelebek....?

Goldiloques - the more the merrier - just let me know the numbers and İ will book it - they also do free pick up from your apt or hotel - so let me know by 20th September please - look forward to meeting you then.

Anyone else coming then for sure? 23rd September at 7pm at Kelebek....?

please put us down for 2 - have also sent you an email

Sue

Latest Posts

Top Bottom