zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Working hours...
hi tlf users! just a question id like to ask so i can evaluate my own situation. when you used to work b4 retirement or if u still work... how many hours do u do a week?..... i do 52 approx.... and i find it quite exhausting as a chef... and my mum also had a go at me as she says she never sees me anymore in the house lol... i just want to compare etc... responses wud be much appreciated! thank all! x x x

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Working hours...
I've done 30 hour weeks, 85 hour weeks, 36 hour shifts straight through without a break, worked 7 days a week for 3 months but in the end the old cliche still applies.

It's not the hours that you put in that are important, it's the satisfaction that you get out of doing the job that really matters.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Working hours...
when i was at BT i worked approx 55 hours per week, and as a self employed person, between 30 and 50 hours depending

Linsey averages 55 hours per week

martin

v6cod

Living in Okcular
Working hours...
I used to work 36 hours a week (come say it was more like I was there for that amount of time :smile:).

lara

Working hours...
Hi Zuber

I have been self employed for the last ten years, and until recently worked 24/7.

Before becoming self employed I worked for the local authority, I did shifts in a Children's residential unit which changed from week to week, and the hours ranged from 40 to 80 hours in a week.
I have also had a number of management positions which was regular 9-5, boring.

Too many hours can be dibilatating, no life outside work, etc...........but, if you have a job that you really enjoy then the hours can be irrelevant, depends on family commitments.

I have to say that I share KKOB views on this, job satisfation is what really counts, I always told my kids that they should aim for this, and that doing well at school would help them in obtaining a career that would facilitate better choices.

I,m really pleased to hear your a chef, will be looking to you for some recipes, I like to cook very simple Turkish dishes and often find that Turkish cook books go over the top with ingredients and changed the whole identity of some dishes....................sorry, totally off topic, but you get my drift, will talk about this another time.

Lara

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Working hours...
it seems I was very lucky I was a Civil Servant and my contracted hours were 37 a week although I used to do more as I could accrue time and take extra days off

jagman

Working hours...
I too was a civil servant with contracted hours of 37 a week, but because of the type of work I was involved with it was 12 hour days except Saturdays which were half day, (so the contractors could go shopping) I some times worked longer, depending on what was happening on site. I have worked 36 straight hours, because my relief did not turn up for work (too tired), I have started shifts at 2 or 3 in the morning and worked through till 7/8 at night. I had to be out in all weathers as well. And I have to say I enjoyed the work so it was never like work, if you see what I mean.

A man who enjoys his job never works a day in his life.:9:

perfect1949

i just love my clique
Working hours...
when i started work in 1964 , i worked 63 hours a week . but the last few years that i worked it was only 32 hours a week with a lot more pay lol

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Working hours...
36 hours or 4 1/2 days but because of the nature of my job when travelling it could be 24 hour days.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Working hours...
thanks all of you for the responses! does help.... at least im not the only one doing mad hours haha.... yeh even though i still live with my family, i miss them as i hardly see them, when im out their awake when i get home they r just gettin to bed... and i have 2 days off where i have a MILLIONS things to be doing and the time just flies by... oh well... im sure it all works out in the end

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Working hours...
thanks all of you for the responses! does help.... at least im not the only one doing mad hours haha.... yeh even though i still live with my family, i miss them as i hardly see them, when im out their awake when i get home they r just gettin to bed... and i have 2 days off where i have a MILLIONS things to be doing and the time just flies by... oh well... im sure it all works out in the end

Its so nice to be retired now though Zuber.

Top Bottom