JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
work breaks
is
there anyone out there who can tell me what breaks we are entitled to, say for instance i work a ten hour shift what would my entitlement be. Ihope somebody can solve this for me. i did go on the net, but i can't see anything that relates to that, also is there a minimun/ maximum cold/ heat that we are allowed to work in. Your help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Jeannie

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
work breaks
You don't say what line of work you are in, which might be relevant; some Govt or Local Authority jobs have 'opt outs' of particular legislation.
Have a look at the ACAS site http://www.acas.org.uk/ which might help. Also, if your workplace has a Union, the web site for that union may give you some help.

Ian

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
work breaks
Hi Ian, thanks for that, i work in a shop [0'briens sandwich bar}. Irealise now that i should have stuck in at school. Well its my own fault and now i am paying the price so to speak. :crazy:

jules1958

work breaks
Hi, from what I remember as a union rep. you car`nt work over 4 hours without a break, and there is`nt a degree for how hot it has to be, only an office regulation that you can argue for, but they have to give cold drinks if it gets to hot, on the hour. p.m. me if you need more. I can find out facts and figures,
Jules, xx

flowerpotman

No Clique just Creak
work breaks
actually law states 20 min break every 6 hours but most companys give 30 mins every 4 hours regards flowerpotman ps no law on heat but cold level dictates ppe personal protective equipment and if below 0 degrees a warming break every hour

Latest Posts

Top Bottom