MUGGY ONE

Wooden Furniture for Bedrooms - Akbuk
Hi

Does anyone know where I can purchase real wooden bedroom furniture (wardrobes, chest of drawers, bedside cabinets).

Are there any shops in the Bodrum area or will I have to get a carpenter to make them?

Thanks
Caroline

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Hi Caroline,

Not too sure about the shops in Bodrum. Not really any here in Didim. Its much nicer to get all yr furniture made by a carpenter as then you get exactly what you want and made to fit. Good luck with it :)

Tess

Hi, there is a beautiful shop in Didim called ADA I think near Migros, they do lovely pieces of wooden furniture, not sure if you could get a bedroom suite or not but I recall someone had said they have a web site. I have been in the shop and they have some really lovely things and nice one off pieces, not the normal run of the mill, its really worth popping in to see and the owners are lovely, when we were over in Jan my sis and I they had gorgeous jewellery boxes, some lovely pictures as well. Enjoy your shopping there is lots of lovely shops and as suggested a good carpenter could sort all out for you. I had a local tradesman (sent from my builders) who came and i explained what I wanted and he made for me, super job!! and not too expensive compared to home!!

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Oh yes, I forgot about that one Tess! Ada is fab and Kimberly is a real sweetheart :) The furniture in their shop is the Indian wood (is it batik? something like that anyway!). I do have a friend tho that had a carpenter copy the look and it saved her a lot of money!

Kervan have a big new shop on the Bodrum road, havn't been in yet but the smaller one they used to have next to the Gold Centre had some nice dark wooden furniture.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
About half way between Turgutreis and Bodrum there is a little straight stretch of road and there are I believe three different wood furniture manufacturers. I had dealings with two of them (On the right going to Turgutreis). Garbage....had nothing but problems with them. The only good thing was I bought 4 wooden office/dining room chairs and they were perfect.....butttttt....these were imported, they didn't make them at the furniture shop although they will pretend they did. I learned from them after the chairs were imported when I tried to have some more made slightly different in style.

Bob Lamky

MUGGY ONE

Thanak you (everyone) for your info. Looks like I will need to get a carpenter, does anyone have any names/tel nos.?

Thanks again.

Caroline

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
The one we use is fantastic but he is in Didim, he is family and he doesnt speak any English so probably not much good to you!!. Im sure someone from Bodrum can recommend a good one for you. Lots of luck with it :)

Hi Miss MoneyPenny

Where exactly is Kervan, can I assume when you mention the Bodrum Road, that it is the main road thru Bodrum. (we know where the Gold centre is in Bodrum)

Cheers

Sandy

lippy

About half way between Turgutreis and Bodrum there is a little straight stretch of road and there are I believe three different wood furniture manufacturers. I had dealings with two of them (On the right going to Turgutreis). Garbage....had nothing but problems with them. The only good thing was I bought 4 wooden office/dining room chairs and they were perfect.....butttttt....these were imported, they didn't make them at the furniture shop although they will pretend they did. I learned from them after the chairs were imported when I tried to have some more made slightly different in style.

Bob Lamky
We used System mobilya,one of those on that road,beds,wardrobes and cabinets and were not impressed,We thought the bog standard furniture from the shops was better.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom