Jodwina

Wood Burner
Hi
Does anyone know where we can buy a small wood burning stove in or around the Yalikavak area.
Thanks
Jodwina

mollag

Kipper restorer
Wood Burner
No coal merchants on the Bod peninsula im afraid, plenty of wood yards though.
There are shops on the main Bitez road between the Supermarkets that sell the full range of heaters.
I never used our one, best get advice on use from some of the old hands on the forum, there are pro's and con's.

Viv-Nigel

Wood Burner
Hi Jodwina,

We are removing our inset woodburner to replace with a free standing one. It's never been used and is a " Caglar Somine " model. It's still in situ so would need a hand to move. Selling for 1200 TL - including fire surround and hearth. See Pic.
For more information please PM us. We are in Turgutreis close to the town centre.

Attachments

• IMG_5114.jpg
    IMG_5114.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 40

juco

Wood Burner
Does anyone know where we can buy a small wood burning stove
Whatever you buy coal or wood make sure of proper installation as there are several deaths a year due to monoxide poisoning.

Pete&Mag

Wood Burner
The Yapimarket near the Dolmus used to sell them ,I think and they speak English in there. A different route would be to ask any of the restaurant owners wher they get theirs. A lot of them have Sorbas in the winter.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Wood Burner
the best purchase we have made in Turkey is a Danish woodburner. It transformed the use of our kitchen. In winter it is now the focus of the house, the woodburner heats the whole of the donwstaiars are and uses 1 large log per hour. The problem is that you really need dry wood and this is hard to find on the Bodrum peninsula. We bought ours from the importer in Antalya, they sent it by cargo. let me know if you are interested. They have genuine soot free glass and the fire is much more interesting than the telly! But you are looking at about 1500 Euros.

Jodwina

Wood Burner
Thanks all for your advice.
We are going to rethink the idea of the stove as we will only be out for a week or two next winter. So its going to be thermals and hot water bottles! Although our builder has said he will get us one but that was late summer and yet to be seen.
Thanks again

Jodwina

Wood Burner
Been using a good old fashioned Turkish soba for 12 full winters. I know some people dont like them - and they may not be as pretty as a 1500 Euro wood burner - but we wouldnt change ours...current cost for one is around 180TL to 250TL.
As for heat...sometimes we have to open the patio doors to let it out!!!!

mollag

Kipper restorer
Wood Burner
Thanks all for your advice.
We are going to rethink the idea of the stove as we will only be out for a week or two next winter. So its going to be thermals and hot water bottles! Although our builder has said he will get us one but that was late summer and yet to be seen.
Thanks again

Jodwina

Do you have a Klima?

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Wood Burner
There used to be a shop that sold them almost opposite Mojitos bar. May have gone now though.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom