pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Won't Allow Turk In Hotel !
This has made my blood boil . Telephoned late deals . & On the beach holidays to book hotel for Hubby and me . I was told my Turkish Husband wouldn't be allowed in the hotel ! WHY ? because he's Turkish . apparently the Turks must pay more money than we brits and not the special rates we can book for on the web ! in case they thought i was li lo lil I said we do have our marriage certificate ARRRRR . So I'm booking with a Phoneless company called sunshine holidays . That way they can't blame me for not asking . And as the lead pax they can't do anything about it . This is disscusting , I'm realy upset now . Better watch out for fire works in Alanya ha ha . Has anyone else heard of this befor ? Its a first for me .... Diane

:416pv:

This has made my blood boil . Telephoned late deals . & On the beach holidays to book hotel for Hubby and me . I was told my Turkish Husband wouldn't be allowed in the hotel ! WHY ? because he's Turkish . apparently the Turks must pay more money than we brits and not the special rates we can book for on the web ! in case they thought i was li lo lil I said we do have our marriage certificate ARRRRR . So I'm booking with a Phoneless company called sunshine holidays . That way they can't blame me for not asking . And as the lead pax they can't do anything about it . This is disscusting , I'm realy upset now . Better watch out for fire works in Alanya ha ha . Has anyone else heard of this befor ? Its a first for me .... Diane

I dont have a Turkish hubby and didnt try to book a hotel with this outfit but i did book and confirm 4 flights with them at £6 each less than the cheapest others. Then received a call about 1 hour later to say that the airline had increased there costs by £30 per flight. To which i replied "oh really well not to me they didnt cancel them" end of conversation grrrrrr £120 more for flights i dont think so .
I then jumped back on the net and phoned the other company at £6 more per flight booked and confirmed no increase in price. Result saved me another £96 from OTB price increase.

please be carful with this company they are getting really bad at upping prices and changing flights hotels etc etc they have do this to quite a few people i know of in the past 12 months.

regards
crystalclear

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Their policy is discriminating, what gives them the right to decide whether their guests are "having an affair", it's none of their business anyway, we're in the 21st centrury for gods sake. And you are married, but you shouldn't have to justify who your other paying guest is to them. What a blummin cheek!!!

Saoirse

well I can see their point

In these days of loose morals and continuing social decline I am glad a trader is standing up for old fashioned values..........

In these days of loose morals and continuing social decline I am glad a trader is standing up for old fashioned values..........
oh you are so funny Phillip..i love it.
On a serious note this is discrimination and should be challenged.

oh you are so funny Phillip..i love it.
On a serious note this is discrimination and should be challenged.

whoops..back to edit..i dont mean you should be challenged Phillip...wouldnt dare do that as its only Wednesday....(saturday nights the nights for fighting :whip:)
the hotel company should be challenged.

Saoirse

LOL!

heading back to Turkey on Monday for a month so will have to have a load of fights this weekend

dissappointed didnt annoy more with my post at number 2!

" apparently the Turks must pay more money than we brits "

so much for us thinking Turks always get a better deal in Turkey!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Thats not always the case Miss Money Penny . now i realise when ever we've stayed in hotels hubby says " you go and haggle the price you'll get it cheaper than me " ! The sales person said = its not a case of being married or not . The Turkish can't have our special offers . .... Anyway they are supposed to make customers happy Not insult who the customer is Married too . Hubby said that they do have to pay more . So on this occasion seems we're not ripped off for once . ..... Diane

LITCH

I am really disgusted to think that On the Beach could be so racist! I am traveling with them on Friday for the first time and after reading these threads it will be the last!

I am also concerned about other peoples experiences with them, I've already had problems. I checked the small print and it stated that I was responsible for checking that the hotel had actually been booked for us. I did so and they couldn't find me.

When I contacted OTB this rude teenager told me I had no business checking! To which I replied ' you don't seem to know what's in your very own small print! It's a good job I did check as they have no record of me!?' All she could then say is, well it says the computer says it's booked. GRRR! I gave up.

Really poor service, it doesn't surprise me that they have a rules that include racism!

Litch

sparrow

Nadine in disguise
I don't think this has anything to do with racism....
When you look at the prices on various hotel websites and then at the prices you are paying with a travel agency, you will see those prices are much lower, as they have special deals

İts the same with the big discos in Alanya..Turkish boys are not allowed in unless they are with a girl.....probably on the basis that the girl always pays as sadly most Turkish boys are usually hard up.

Lindacm

Hi Pineapple,

Sunshine are a great company with good prices too. We have used them several times and have been very pleased.

Linda

evey

evey
hi diane , i,ve heard of this loads of times in bodrum ,, but its only when u try to book threw english companys unfortunately ....... if u go direct to hotel .. they don,t find a problem with u and your turkish husband staying there

teresa

Free Thinker
Great Late Deals do some excellent offers in Turkey but they are not available to Turkish passport holders - it does not mean they are not allowed in the hotel, they just don't get the offer price.

Ms Who

aka Kym Ciftci
Sadly, this kind of thing is not restricted to holidays either. There are well known companies here that cover car hire but Turks are not allowed to hire cars from them, only foreigners!

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Well the part that annoys me most is . These hotel companys expect the Turkish lads and Girls to work thier blood to water All hours of the day and night Waiters Bartenders Bellboys Kitchen staff etc . No brit would work those hours . Or accept those wages ! thier working for familys sending money home for the winter . Most have nothing and now it seems cant sleep in hotels with a wife ! If i'd said my Husband was French . German Dutch . No Problem .Turkish No Way If thats not racism..To the very people who work thier hearts out to keep the fat cats fat Then i don't no what is !!! Once i'm in Turkey theres not a problem . I'm deeply offended that they THINK they can treat my Husband this way , I won't stand for this . He Has as much right to sleep in hotels as i do Infact More its His country not mine ......Diane

M

Mack

Sadly, this kind of thing is not restricted to holidays either. There are well known companies here that cover car hire but Turks are not allowed to hire cars from them, only foreigners!

Hi Kym, to be honest after seeing the standard of driving skills of the average Turk, Im with em on that one! I always remember being told to watch out for the 34 (Istanbul) registered cars around town as theyre usually company cars and therefore driven so recklessly as they know the insurance will cover anything and when you know you do see a difference in the driving style.

A friend of mine has a company car (also a 34 plate) and I just flat out refuse to drive with him on half of his "trips" he has a ding of some sort but knows the insurance will sort it out so problem yok!

Sorry to go off-topic and apologies to the good Turkish drivers, both of you.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
That nade me smile Mack ! Hubby 's always complaing about 34's haha says " Looook at that son of a b*tch in a hurry to get to the graveyard " . He's the only person i no who brakes going Uphill on bends !!! He's like a flipping
snail . so theres 3 of them ! he he he Diane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom