immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Women Lashed For Wearing Trousers.
Sorry, but what about obese women in skin-tight Lycra trousers? That surely deserves some punishment.

Ian

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Yep, I'll go with you on that one mate! :3:

GnD

Perhaps the saying "who wears the trousers?" has been taken too literally! :p

Woman in trousers even in westernised fashion notations is described as a "masculine look" and therefore a sign of rebellion maybe, that these women are independant?

Or merely that trousers show off curves and that is against the Sharia law.

Apparently in Sharia law women are not allowed to drive (blow that I love driving, more than drinking!)

Women's testimony only carries half the weight of a man's testimony, (bet you all have some comment to validate that one!) .

An eye for an eye is taken literally, in a court case in punishment the wronged party can demand teeth extraction as punishment for the criminal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the list goes on....

Still ridiculous and very wrong!

Last edited:

pebble

What a shame.....all in the name of religion...........next thing you know, they are going to force everyone to wear the BURQUA......or cover up like in Iran after years of western wear. Or they may even make them wear the veil, after it had been outlawed for the sake of freedom.....
Taking personal choice away from women must give them some satisfaction..........
I guess you just live and learn........

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
I find an interesting line in that report stating 'Non-Muslims are not supposed to be subject to Islamic law, even in Khartoum and other parts of the mainly Muslim north.'

Is that the case everywhere under Sharia law that only Muslims are subject to it?

I would doubt that mind you, as compassion or reason doesn't appear to play any part in it.

C

pebble

It is supposed to be that way under Sharia law, but westerners do have to cover in in places like Saudi - oh yeah, and they cant drive etc. I think its the country and their interpretation of the law, some countries make all women comform, some just make them cover up like in iran, but i think you can still drive. Im not really up and up for each country, cause i wouldnt bother going to them..............

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Women's testimony only carries half the weight of a man's testimony, (bet you all have some comment to validate that one!) .

Well they talk twice as much, so it evens out.

Ian

GnD

I so handed that to you on a plate and is that all you can come up with??

I saw Immac had posted and KNEW upon which point; yet somewhat disappointed with that I guess it's early in the morning.

:p

Latest Posts

Top Bottom