ZiaCa'

Woman 'mutilated' for committing Adultery
I've just seen on the Italian news (and read on an online Italian newspaper) that a 23 yrs old woman has had her nose and ears cut off by her husband's family for committing adultery, in East Turkey (they said near borders with Iran). She has wounds to her abdomen and is in a critical condition after being found in a field.

This is barbaric to say the least.

Last edited:

GnD

That we share the same air space as these sick "judgement" enforcing people is beyond my comprehension.

PASH

I cannot even comprehend the mind set of someone who would do this, disgusting. Any civilised society would lock the guilty up for life (may not assists Turkeys efforts to join the EU club?) Human rights etc......

tykatem

Available in sarcastic to
I cannot even comprehend the mind set of someone who would do this, disgusting. Any civilised society would lock the guilty up for life (may not assists Turkeys efforts to join the EU club?) Human rights etc......
You decided to spend your time and invest here. Wake up and see what's around you, get over to the east of the country, this is only the tip of the iceberg so to speak
Pete

Martyn

It's barbaric but this sort of thing is going on around the world.

Martyn barbarism does go on all over the world..but in Eastern Turkey this is the way the law is dispensed to women and the government does little to enforce laws that give women rights.
Women's rights are on the Statute books now..but just on paper.

On a different note if people Eastern Turkey which is almost 100% Kurdish were given their own territory it would be an even sadder day for Kurdish women.

Firebrand

Domestic violence is barbaric wherever it happens, and whoever it is committed by.

As the wife of a Kurdish man, I would say please don't let the actions of an ignorant minority demonise the wider majority.

Domestic violence is barbaric wherever it happens, and whoever it is committed by.

As the wife of a Kurdish man, I would say please don't let the actions of an ignorant minority demonise the wider majority.

Hello there Firebrand..of course not, and for men like your husband it must be awful to have to cope with the criticism that comes with this type of news.

However this is not the minority..the minority are the ones who get away from their roots and see a different way of doing things.

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Selfishness is the key factor to this type of barbaric cruelty.The woman is oppressed by man to keep her in place for reasons of gaining power over the opposite sex.l also find this behaviour over woman is very hypocritical of what man has enforced.
lt's alright for man to go around without any oppression from the woman and put it about[so to speak]but when woman does it[only through a love for another man]she will be met with the horrific cruelty man can ever do to another woman.

A very closed minded attitude set in their own ways from man will not look at any other method of behaviour,which can promote a love within the marriage and the community.This would strengthen a bond of trust and well being.He is more interested in using methods of fear to gain control over a woman and to give him the power of satisfaction to do what he wants towards a woman
l pray for the women of the world to be liberated from this evil behaviour and in place, to be surrounded by a love that will give them a glow of an inner well being that is priceless.

Man and woman can live in perfect harmony with each other,if we erradicate the evils of oppression from our society

Last edited:

ZiaCa'

True, domestic violence happens all over the World (and it's not always men towards women), but there are also Laws that punish acts of violence.

I'd like to follow this story and find out if the perpetrators of this are brought to justice.

carolmon

didn't see anything about this in turkish daily news..... does anybody have any links to press coverage of this horrific assault?

An 'honour klling' is not just the decision of men,usually the whole family decide on the punishment and who shall do the killing women are as much involved in this as men..and in fact many women are responsible through jealousy hatred or revenge for 'reporting' a daughter in law, sister, other female family member or friend for what they see as inappropriate behaviour

carolk

R.I.P
An 'honour klling' is not just the decision of men,usually the whole family decide on the punishment and who shall do the killing women are as much involved in this as men..and in fact many women are responsible through jealousy hatred or revenge for 'reporting' a daughter in law, sister, other female family member or friend for what they see as inappropriate behaviour

I am shocked, both by what happens and, as Shirl has pointed out, the women who would tell of them!! :(

Carol this kind of society is very often based on fear..for instance if a woman might know something and later it was found out she knew her punishment would also be severe.
This is the same type of behaviour that went on in Stalinist Russia Sadams İraq and Nazi Germany.
We are so lucky.

carolk

R.I.P
Yes Shirley, I never thought of that - fear! It makes people do terrible things!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom