Krissie

withdrawing money when in yalikavak
Hi, Im staying in yalikavak for 3 months this summer and I am consious that you can only withdraw so much from cashpoints and the charge that this includes - I currently bank with natwest and was wondering if it is possible to enter a bank and withdraw larger sums of money from my account? Thanks Krissie

Yalides

Am I pretty ?
Nationwide don't charge for withdrawals, I just take what I need when I need it from cash points.

We use Natwest here to withdraw money from the two Garanti ATMS in town.
Not the cheapest way to get money but we watch the exchange rate to get the best deal. Haven,t tried across the counter but don,t think you can, Will ask next time we go to the Bank.
You can also use your Natwest card in the likes of Metro, Kipa, Migros etc.

martin m

Hi Krissie
Not really sure what your asking, if you have a account in turkey with money in then yes you can just walk in and withdraw as in uk, but i think what you mean is can i take money out of my account back in uk by going in to a turkish bank and asking over the counter, to which the answer i beleive is no.
What members are suggesting is that by opening a nationwide account in uk and loading it with cash before you go out, then you can withdraw £300 equivelant each day and not get any charges, if however these sums are not enough then your going to have to think again and take some sort of bankers draft with you, because if you dont have a account then a money transfer is no good either.
Just as a last thought look in to opening a turkish account on line before you go that can be done and would solve your problems.
martin

felixthecat

felixthecat
hi krissi
is this the same krissie who is engaged to waiter at manyana.ı bank wıth nat west and have no trouble wıthdrawıng my money here charges not very much.

Krissie

Hi, yeah the same Krissie, Felixthecat :) hope you are well..OK thanks everyone for your replys, im sure i will sort something :)

Top Bottom