zozatky

Wise Words From The Furry Philosopher
Great Article . Spot on ..!!! Visited Kaya Koy two weeks a go & thats just how it is . Shame but as we all know living here in Turkey looking after the enviroment is alien to most Turks.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Once again Jane highlights a growing problem in a witty amusing piece of journalism. How much more effective than the usual rant we would endure in our trashy papers.

Good on you Jane.

Regards, Steve.

Excellent and very effectivei i especially like the bit about the four wheel vehicles. We have the same problem around the Dim Cay valley all summer, its really frightening the way these convoys of screaming water throwing hooligans behave.

Coincidentally, half an hour after reading the piece I looked out of my window and saw two Turkish men picking up rubbish from the side of the road. We went out to ask them who they were working for. It turned out that they were employed by Can and Kathy of "Explora Jeeps". Vote of thanks to them.

dalyansteve

On the same "rubbish" theme, I was coming from the airport with some friends who had just arrived for the 1st time and I was so embarrased, they were saying how lovely it all looks and people in the car in front started throwing torn up bits of paper out of the window. Within that short journey we saw no less than six cars having things thrown out of the window, drinks bottles, fag packets and sweet wrappers!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Coincidentally, half an hour after reading the piece I looked out of my window and saw two Turkish men picking up rubbish from the side of the road. We went out to ask them who they were working for. It turned out that they were employed by Can and Kathy of "Explora Jeeps". Vote of thanks to them.

There were at least a dozen people working on the road all the way up to the little graveyard and ruined cistern. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the truck to pick-up all the bags.

I offered my pick up but they said that they have three.
I just heard that several tour-companies were in on it too. The quad bike companies? I don't think so!

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
When I came back from Fethiye, they'd stacked all the rubbish at the top bend and there was no sign of the folks who'd been doing the work previously.

There's enough rubbish there to fill your pick-up twice over.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom