Winter's Coming!
The first sign of winter has arrived in Dalyan and Ortaca with the first sobas going on sale!
At the Bosch shop in both towns the usual variety of the Turkish wood burners have taken pride of place on the pavement next to the garden furniture.
I wonder if Cadbury's Creme Eggs are on sale yet in the UK!!!

nanamo

Winter's Coming!
Cream eggs are on sale all year round now but we saw Christmas Advent callenders on sale in Tesco's yesterday. Molly

val2661

Winter's Coming!
My son works for Morrisons in the UK and said that Christmas items go on sale next week.

Val

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Winter's Coming!
The first sign of winter has arrived in Dalyan and Ortaca with the first sobas going on sale!
At the Bosch shop in both towns the usual variety of the Turkish wood burners have taken pride of place on the pavement next to the garden furniture.
I wonder if Cadbury's Creme Eggs are on sale yet in the UK!!!

Stop with this talk of winter, we have not had our summer yet.

Mauea

Helenm150

Winter's Coming!
Cream eggs are on sale all year round now but we saw Christmas Advent callenders on sale in Tesco's yesterday. Molly
Oh, I soooooo mss shopping in Morrisons and Tescos - its been 2 and a half years since I had the chance! Also, in Turkey, roll on winter, I am totally fed up with every day waking up to yet another sunny day - where is the variety, where are the seasons?

Last edited:

Helenm150

Winter's Coming!
but you got proper houses, with cavity walll insulation, central heating and you can go shopping in Tescos and come home with cream and jam scones and put the kettle on and watch the rain pitter patter down your window frames - feeling all warm and cosy inside ......

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Winter's Coming!
Oh, I soooooo mss shopping in Morrisons and Tescos - its been 2 and a half years since I had the chance! Also, in Turkey, roll on winter, I am totally fed up with every day waking up to yet another sunny day - where is the variety, where are the seasons?

If you feel so fed up in Turkey with every day waking up to the sun shine then WHY oh Why are you here ??
Go back to UK and have your seasons and shop in Tesco and Morrisons !
:3:

Helenm150

Winter's Coming!
I thought Helen actually planned to go back to the UK, isn't it so Helen ?
Yes, I hope to be going back sometime - my residency expires February next year - the perfect scenario would be splitting my time between the UK and Turkey - but that is going to take some arranging! I haven't been home for 2 and a half years - Lucky Cat I think you do go home in the winter don't you - so you get your UK fix of - countryside pubs, Christmas, spring time, supermarket shopping ........?

pldouglas

Winter's Coming!

Without meaning to rub it in Helen, I have to admit its lovley at the moment here in south east UK, its rained a little overnight and the countryside is glistening, having just walked the dogs in the fields nearby, I am just about to pop down to Morrisons and find some goodies for the weekend. Theres nothing wrong with an appreciation of nature and the changes in seasons and we can well imagin it being one of the things ex-pats would miss the most - well, that and Morrisons cheesecake!

ihutch

Winter's Coming!
If you feel so fed up in Turkey with every day waking up to the sun shine then WHY oh Why are you here ??
Go back to UK and have your seasons and shop in Tesco and Morrisons !

Well done, I agree that all the moaners and groaners be sent back to the UK or wherever they hailed from! This is a wonderful country with a lovely climate and although it can get a bit heated in the summer is far, far better than any English weather. We get enough rain in the winter so just enjoy the grate days until then. :roundgrin

3m's

Winter's Coming!
We are due out there very soon (thank heaven) the rain has battered down nonstop for the past 36hrs, pond is flooded and rest of garden is going the same way.
Although it hasnt always been cold the amount of rain this yr certainly has made it seem like winter forgot to give way to the rest of the seasons

pldouglas

Winter's Coming!
We are due out there very soon (thank heaven) the rain has battered down nonstop for the past 36hrs, pond is flooded and rest of garden is going the same way.
Although it hasnt always been cold the amount of rain this yr certainly has made it seem like winter forgot to give way to the rest of the seasons

Its mad isn't it because here on the south coast we are in drought and have lost several shrubs during the past couple of months and having to water the vegetables every night using water from the pond.
Then I look at the national weather forecast and see all the rain in the north and just wish a little could be drained down this way.
Its a good thing we all want different things otherwise the world would be a dreary place - and probably a hotter one!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Winter's Coming!
Yes, I hope to be going back sometime - my residency expires February next year - the perfect scenario would be splitting my time between the UK and Turkey - but that is going to take some arranging! I haven't been home for 2 and a half years - Lucky Cat I think you do go home in the winter don't you - so you get your UK fix of - countryside pubs, Christmas, spring time, supermarket shopping ........?

Yes Helen - I do go back for nearly four months and I absolutely LOVE it
I get back just in time to write my Xmas cards and do pressie shopping - I love gift wrapping them up all pretty - after xmas we do our winter sales shopping in the big stores in Leicester and then its my birthday.
We really love shopping in Tesco/Asda / Iceland and find food prices are so much cheaper in UK then Turkey
Go to the bingo sometimes -- Ibrahim usually manages to win !
Go out for meals with family
Take my Grandkids to the cimema or bowling
Cook Sunday dinner every week for my Dad ( 87 )
Then we have a 2 weeks holiday -- somewhere HOT !!
and then its about time to start getting our things together ready to start another season here - unfortunatly I do not get to see Springtime in UK

I love my time in UK but I also love my time in Turkey - I consider myself lucky to be able to do this every year

Helenm150

Winter's Coming!
Yes Helen - I do go back for nearly four months and I absolutely LOVE it
I get back just in time to write my Xmas cards and do pressie shopping - I love gift wrapping them up all pretty - after xmas we do our winter sales shopping in the big stores in Leicester and then its my birthday.
We really love shopping in Tesco/Asda / Iceland and find food prices are so much cheaper in UK then Turkey
Go to the bingo sometimes -- Ibrahim usually manages to win !
Go out for meals with family
Take my Grandkids to the cimema or bowling
Cook Sunday dinner every week for my Dad ( 87 )
Then we have a 2 weeks holiday -- somewhere HOT !!
and then its about time to start getting our things together ready to start another season here - unfortunatly I do not get to see Springtime in UK

I love my time in UK but I also love my time in Turkey - I consider myself lucky to be able to do this every year
Sounds idyllic! Yes, you are lucky - but we all know you and Ibrahim work very hard in Turkey to make a resonable living - and I am sure getting that balance in life didn't come overnight or easily.

Winter's Coming!
Just got back from Morrisons and yes Christmas has arrived all the toys are out and the chocolates and large christmas tubes of smarties, jelly tots etc are on offer 3 for 2.

Jane

Latest Posts

Top Bottom