Lillylilly

Ex Altinkum Resident
Winter! Goa or Spain!!
Well I fancy a change of scenery for winter time. UK first with the kids............but would go later on to either Goa:36: or Spain? Goa is warmer, cheaper etc but more expensive to actually get there. Spain is more chillier and expensive but good for exploring and walking and Benidorm we just love.
Hmm bit of a dilemma, both would be nice!? What do you reckon?:mmph::mmph:

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Winter! Goa or Spain!!
Goa every time no comparison. One of the few places we want to revisit. We went to north Goa but depends on what you fancy. Went on the safari to see the waterfall and as you like walking this would be ideal for you. Just one thing we fixed it up ourselves not via one of the agents. Taxis are superb you get a price off them and it is there and back no matter how long they have to wait. How I wish we could go back.

Winter! Goa or Spain!!
Have a look at Kerala,further south than Goa,less tourism,more natural,great food especially if you like coconut.We would go back anytime!!!

Firebrand

Winter! Goa or Spain!!
Goa over Spain any time. We went before we had kids and am looking forward to going back again one day.

We were there for xmas, which was lovely to sit on the beach and see they kids dressed as Santa come along carol singing!

nanamo

Winter! Goa or Spain!!
Goa every time. Beautiful scenery, vibrant colours and smells, warm and welcoming people with a terrific sense of humour. My son went first and made friends, we went the following year and they were so happy to see us. The waterfull is wonderful and the cheeky monkies literally take food from your hands or bags. To be totally honest it was a difficult decison to make weither to retire to Goa or Turkey. Its true about the taxis, if you go to the beech they take you there and wait all day for you. We went to Candolim and would defo go back there again. I hope you enjoy it - a tip - dont wear jeans to travel there, far too hot. Molly

colin c

Winter! Goa or Spain!!
i lived in spain for many years before moving to turkey and now spend the winters in goa .
is there any doubt where i would go , let me think , the answer would have to be a very loud NO .
i agree about booking your self as well , our flights (return from london) £365
depending what sort of accomodation and time of year of course so difficult to give an idea really but apartments can go for £50 a week upwards
and the cost of living is oh so cheap with a steak dinner from £2.50 or indian food for pennies and a litre of beer from as little as 50p or a litre of brandy from £1.40
anybody needs advice let me know , there are several from altinkum who go for the winter

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Winter! Goa or Spain!!
Been to Kerala very beautiful but one draw back is that it is a fairly dry state unless you are staying in a very large hotel in a town the chances of alchol is very slim. We stayed at a lovely hotel with a bar in the middle of the swimming pool but very rarely got even a beer to drink as not officially licenced. Goa every time

colin c

Winter! Goa or Spain!!
the main under the table drink in kerela used to be alcoholic tea , various states in india are dry states , but you can get beer in hotels , our daughter has a beach cafe in goa and some of the staff are from dry states , they wont even touch a bottle let alone drink whats in it

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Winter! Goa or Spain!!
Not Spain
Why not try Gambia - we went to Goa 3 years ago in January - the weather was really hot but we did not like Goa at all - very dirty and we were both very ill and I would certainly NOT take my Grandchildren there
Gambia was much better - again very hot - lovely people - cleaner ( though not in the villages ) and we were not ill at all.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Winter! Goa or Spain!!
Yes I would vouch for winter sunshine in The Gambia too, we went 2 years ago in January, very hot, very welcoming people, thoroughly enjoyed it, we're looking at going back again this winter.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Winter! Goa or Spain!!
I would agree with luckycat, we went to a 3 star (goan) hotel, the place was filthy, outside the place was filthy, whilst the restaraunts were ok, go out the door it was filthy, the beaches were full of dog filth and ciggarette dimps.
Back at the hotel we were beseiged by people on benefits who told us about the scams they pull so they can spend a month at a time out there

The good point was the food it was first class

maybe we were unlucky (we stayed at a place near Calangute)

ps loads of rooms wer burgled during our time there

we are pretty well travelled and have experienced nothing like it

sorry to the pro goa people

martin

Latest Posts

Top Bottom