immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Winter Ferry to Italy
I was hoping to travel by ferry from Turkey to Italy (on way to UK) in Feb or March. I can´t find a service before the last week of April. I don´t fancy driving through the Balkans ın Winter.

Is there a service I have mıssed?

Ian

hijo

in my own clique
Winter Ferry to Italy
i am sure there is ferries going from Cesme to Italy(rimmini)and( Ancona)all year round....sorry:wow: i just checked they start in may through to october:31:

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Winter Ferry to Italy
I think that would work if I was on foot, but it is a car ferry I need. But thanks for trying.

I think there is no car ferry until last week of April, which is too late for my plans.

Ian

CJD

Winter Ferry to Italy
There was a car ferry that ran from italy to greece in the
winter a couple of years ago, I'll see if I can find the details it was from ancona to Igomenista

Last edited:

jandj

Winter Ferry to Italy
i am sure there is ferries going from Cesme to Italy(rimmini)and( Ancona)all year round....sorry:wow: i just checked they start in may through to october:31:

The last ferry from Cesme to Ancona is on Oct 22nd. Doesnt start again until mid-May. Rimini, as far as I know does not offer a Turkey ferry route.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Winter Ferry to Italy
I don`t think the Greece route (Igoumenitsa) is a goer as a quick look at the weather seems to indicate it can be as bad on that route as it is further north in the Balkans. It also adds a considerable lump of mileage, all-in-all too risky.

Ian

Winter Ferry to Italy
I know that there used to be a vehicle ferry from İzmir to Trieste.

It takes 36 hours for the journey.

kelchocolate

Just Watch Me
Winter Ferry to Italy
I don`t think the Greece route (Igoumenitsa) is a goer as a quick look at the weather seems to indicate it can be as bad on that route as it is further north in the Balkans. It also adds a considerable lump of mileage, all-in-all too risky.

Ian

We were thinking of doing another trip back to the Uk at the end of November, but the ferry from Cemse to Anacona ended at the end of october:frown:!. Like you said,the weather might be bad in Balkans.We decided not to drive and fly instead,go by road next summer.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom