Wines in Turkey
What is your favourite wine or wines, be it
Red or White. It dosn't have to be Turkish
but has to be available in Turkey.

Mushroom

Top Poster Of Month
Wines in Turkey
Rob,

I saw in Metro at Bodrum that they sell Mateus, but not cheap !

Andy,

Anything white (can't stomach red !) and not too dry, otherwise not fussy.

Some of the reasonably priced stuff at Migros does the trick for me.

ZiaCa'

Wines in Turkey
I like Majestic (Turkish white)

Thinking of attempting to make my own as we have about 200kg of white grapes. Has anyone made their own that could impart some useful knowledge/tips?

Hopefully I'll then have a new favourite!

Andy

Wines in Turkey
It dosn't matter what colour it is, but a name of the wine you like and would recommend.

Sorry should have made it a bit clearer. :25:

RichnKim

We've Made It!
Wines in Turkey
We can recommend Sultaniye (think thats how its spelt) a white wine that has a very fruity flavour.

Richnkim

remus

Wines in Turkey
The best white wine we have found is cayakk dont think that is the correct
spelling it cost 26ytl a bottle in restaraunts in may.

CJD

Wines in Turkey
The fruit wines from Sirnice are my favorites, you can buy direct
in the village (cheapest way) or I do believe that some of the
major turkish supermarkets hold some stock. Mullberry is my favorite :becky:

sunshine

Wines in Turkey
Hi, we love a bottle of Kavak its the most decent wine I have tried in Turkey so far,its white,and tastes a bit like blossom hill.You can buy it in migros,they also do it in 1 liter bottles for about 12-13 lira mmmmmmmm
HAPPY DAYS......

normatomlinson

Avsallar Alanya
Wines in Turkey
We also like Kavak. Altintepe is quite nice and you can get it in 1litre bottles with a screw cap. Our favourite though is Angora white. It's pricey in restaurants but quite often Migros have it on offer if you have a Migros card. It's similar to a Pinot Grigio light and fruity. I think it's about 12% proof so hits the spot.
Serefe!!
Norma and Matt.

Wines in Turkey
Kavak sounds familiar, but any white, I cant say I have ever been dissapointed as long as it is white and dry and not too expensive.

Jane

steve & sue

Wines in Turkey
Majestik, Villa dolcia & Angora, all available Red or White, normally around 13ytl but every now & then all the supermarkets reduce them 4 or 5 ytl a bottle. Metro currently selling Majestik 7.50 ytl including vat. cheers everybody.

PDM

Wines in Turkey
Mines a Ros'e thanks. I find any Ros'e in Turkey does me fine, even the ones that are on special offer in whatever supermarket I'm in at the time. But Majestik, Villa dolcia & Angora are good to go! :cheers:

Carol Lee

Wines in Turkey
Angora is the best we have found so far, but we will certainly try Majestic and Villa dolcia when we next visit in July. Has anyone discovered anything turkish similar to Sancerre or Sauvignon Blanc?

pldouglas

Wines in Turkey
On the same note, does anyone living in Turkey make thier own wine? We make it here in UK and thought, with the cheap fruit available out there, plus the warm weather the help fermentation, that it might be something to try next time we're there for a decent length of time.

ZiaCa'

Wines in Turkey
pldouglas said:
On the same note, does anyone living in Turkey make thier own wine? We make it here in UK and thought, with the cheap fruit available out there, plus the warm weather the help fermentation, that it might be something to try next time we're there for a decent length of time.
I'm planning to attempt to make some. Do you think there is anything I need to buy that I won't find here? such as the yeast?
Thanks
Carla

mjdell

Wines in Turkey
Yes to Angora, both red and white, and Kavak... but I cannot cope with Dikmen (there is just not enough nurofen in the world for that wine). Angora was on at 8.60ytl in Tansas when we were out May/June but seemed to be 13ytl everywhere else. We were told to check out TESPO cash and carry which is now free to join (opposite KIPA in Marmaris for those who live there) and they were selling wine cheaper the more you got.. so 24 bottles of Angora was nearer 8ytl (same for beer etc). I have taken casis out to make white wine kir, bit like rose, using the really cheap white wines.. takes the edge off them ! Has anyone tried to buy wine direct from the vineyards ? Emma

Maura

'THE GOLDEN GIRLS'
Wines in Turkey
Villa Dolcia red, sitting on the roof terrace, absolute heaven. Sitting in Ireland, monsoon season outside. Roll on September.

Wines in Turkey
Tellibag either red or white and only 6ytl a bottle or Evin in red only 4.5 to 5.5ytl a bottle, Evin normally only available in local supermarkets., also Purmakale in red or white and Villa Dulce white but a bit more expensive around 10/12ytl,

just try them out and see which one you prefer, enjoy,
sharon

Top Bottom