Tenpin

The Yorkshireman
Windows 10 again (sorry)
I installed a solid state drive (SSD) in our Windows 10 laptop about a year ago and it's amazing how much faster the updating (and booting) process is.

alva5763

Bodrum buddy
Windows 10 again (sorry)
Martin, I have had a few updates that did not install. Sometimes they tried to install again other times nothing. Do not know the reason.

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Windows 10 again (sorry)
Martin, I have had a few updates that did not install. Sometimes they tried to install again other times nothing. Do not know the reason.
You can sometimes go on the MS website and manually install, what I suspect and without any evidence is some updates are released but not all machines are ready for them, it mainly seems the big monthly update plays catch up and we are ok until near the end of the upgrade month.
One quirk I have is all machines get the offer of a HP printer driver update, not had an HP printer for years, I use a Brother and Linsey an Epson, I removed all HP software years ago when the last one did its just out of warranty print head failure, I used their uninstall, however it still sits there. Bizarre really.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Windows 10 again (sorry)
Jacey I agree with that but it is microsoft that is giving the problem not me tinkering.
I’ve never updated my MS-10 and it’s always been business as usual. I’ve even disabled automatic updates.

But for peer pressure I'd still be using XL.

To me a PC is like a car – I like using it but I’d never poke my nose under the hood.

Top Bottom