Howell's

Window locks Due to burglary
Hi guys
As you may know we were broken into last week. Part of the reason they got in was the fact that the windows and sliding doors here do not have key locks so they managed to slide a wire through the side of the door and lift the handle (simple).
My husband was a upvc window fitter in the uk and has managed to source window and door handles with key locking systems.
If anyone would like help with sorting out there locks to make them more secure PM me and he will be happy to help.
Howell's

biggles

biggles
they also do some good window alarms at b&q here in uk . they are vibration alarm ,so when someone outside puts pressure on window they let out 110decibels. plus you can see them fitted from the outside . also for patio door with on/off switch .

I'm really sorry to hear about the burglary. I've actually just emailed you asking how safe it is in Didim?!!! Anyway, I hope you're okay and get things sorted.

Take care,

Jenny

Peregrine

Hi guys
As you may know we were broken into last week. Part of the reason they got in was the fact that the windows and sliding doors here do not have key locks so they managed to slide a wire through the side of the door and lift the handle (simple).
My husband was a upvc window fitter in the uk and has managed to source window and door handles with key locking systems.
If anyone would like help with sorting out there locks to make them more secure PM me and he will be happy to help.
Howell's

I know they are not pretty but have you thought about bars on the windows?

We have shutters which are pretty good at keeping the house cool but surprisingly let a lot of light in

Richazed

Re your burglary.It's what nightmares are made of, glad you are getting over it, we had security gates fitted on our sliding door and we have fitted a fitting that you fit on a door it allows the door to open just a fraction it's hard to explain but works very well we even fitted them on all the windows due to the fact we are on the top two floors and wanted to make sure the children don't fall out.

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Hi guys
Howell's

im sorry to hear that as i know beaing broken into is a horrible experience and, we have been broken into 2 times and like i said, its horrible, hope not too much was taken or fiddled with. Glad you have sorted the problem out. best of luck!

Howell's

Quick update..
Our next door neıghbours arrıved last week and on the second night here they awoke at 6am to fınd 3 men in the bedroom going through there stuff... We heard the screams and chased them off but they sped off ın there silver vauxhall Vectra.. We caught them on our cctv running running away and have given the evıdence to the Jandarma so fıngers crossed.
I believe it was the same burglars that broke ınto us 6 weeks ago and was coming back to finish clearing us out but due to the fact we are like fort knox now they decıded next door was a easıer target...
What ı cant believe is the shıt bags even had the cheek to say good morning to our other neighbours.
They only managed to get away with a phone and mp4 player from next door but thats not the point..

panther

Interested in locks. Can they be bought in U.K.

Whats these Jemmy /Jammy locks have read in the past.

jcrian

One of the terms of insurance with Intasure was that window and doors had to have locks on them to be valid.

Our house didn't, so I bought them on ebay and my sister and wife changed them over as I wasn't on that trip. Simple enough job to do and I wonder why they aren't fitted as standard in Turkey

altinkum kev

Non Active Member
Alternative to locks for windows and doors that open in, go to any hardware store or window supplier and purchase window hinges and fit as photo,for sliding doors and windows you can cut timber to length required and drop in to sliding channel to prevent opening. If you are in the Didim area and need a hand PM me.

Last edited:

jcrian

Thanks. Is there a different lock for a patio door?

Ours were all the same for patio doors and windows. There was one exception the kitchen window that was a tilt and turn window so needed a different type locking handle.

Sarahlou

When we were in Altinkum in Sept a friend went with my husband to a factory on the Akbuk Road which makes PVC windows. (just 5-10 min walk from the Beleyide). He got handles with locks which were very cheap and replaced all the handles on the doors and windows which didn't lock.

Howell's

Locking handles are ok on sliding doors as most patio doors cant be lifted out when shut. But the windows out here can have a screw driver jammed in and jemmied open. Top and bottom anti jemmy locks are a must as far as im concerned. These can be brought in the uk or Turkey.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom