Kanga

Will turkey be affected by ukraine situation with russia
Govt survival, due to a failing economy seems to come before Ukrainian lives for some leaders and Parties.

Russian oligarchs are welcome in Turkey, foreign minister says​

Turkish Foreign Minister AKP Mevlut Cavusoglu said Saturday that he’d welcome sanctioned Russian oligarchs into his country as both tourists and investors, as long as any business dealings were kept within the realms of international law.

WOW! What a choice! Rouble or lira.

esb1841

Imagine a lot of those Russian condominiums will be up for sale very soon.
i could be bargain hunting in the next six months to one year.
You might be out of luck as far as bargain hunting is concerned
Wealthy Russians are putting their money into Middle Eastern real estate to avoid sanctions from the West amid Russia's ongoing military assault on Ukraine.

Real estate companies are selling multiple properties to Russians every day in Turkey and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Gul Gul, co-founder of the Golden Sign real estate company in Istanbul, told Reuters they are buying with cash or gold.

When Russian troops began invading Ukraine in late February, Russians bought 509 houses in Turkey, nearly double the amount from the year before. Gul said some customers are buying three to five apartments each, Reuters reported.

Mushroom

The fact that Turkey, a NATO, member is prepared to have no sanctions against the rich Russians and sell them multiple properties does not sit well with me or the boss.
We aren't in the market for a Turkish property again, so that is no problem, but it is also raising the question- if Turkey is prepared to sell drones to Ukraine and properties to Russia, no sanctions to the Oligarchs, is Turkey basically a whore, taking money from whoever pays, no questions asked?
Do we really want to spend our money on holidays in such a country which has not supported Ukraine, merely acted as an opportunist to sell drones?
Would I want to holiday in the company of the rising numbers of Russian property owners?

TLF Admin

Administrator
S
The fact that Turkey, a NATO, member is prepared to have no sanctions against the rich Russians and sell them multiple properties does not sit well with me or the boss.
We aren't in the market for a Turkish property again, so that is no problem, but it is also raising the question- if Turkey is prepared to sell drones to Ukraine and properties to Russia, no sanctions to the Oligarchs, is Turkey basically a whore, taking money from whoever pays, no questions asked?
Do we really want to spend our money on holidays in such a country which has not supported Ukraine, merely acted as an opportunist to sell drones?
Would I want to holiday in the company of the rising numbers of Russian property owners?

Same can be said of most countries including UK.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Best that you stay in yorkshire mate.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom