Kanga

Will turkey be affected by ukraine situation with russia
Personally, if I ran Turkey and was faced with the options, id leverage the west to offer support and compensation to Turkey to make sanctions against the Putin-led regime much less of a hit.

How are those dollar loans looking now?

NATO has no financial controls over individual members, so although it's a good idea I don't know how effective that could be.

Chasey

Nato has nothing to do with it. The deal can be done with the USA and EU

Dirtydollar

Imagine a lot of those Russian condominiums will be up for sale very soon.
i could be bargain hunting in the next six months to one year.

No sign of Jaycey on the forum. Getting worried.
I think that he did say he might be off the site for a couple of days. It doesn't look good in his region though & he didn't say where they were heading to.
I really wish that he & his family had left earlier.
I would of left on the first day or before if I thought something was about to happen. I would of booked a holiday somewhere & then waited to gauge the situation before deciding to stay away longer or return. I guess that he didn't think things were going to turn out as bad as they have.

Hilsjw

I sent an email to Jaycey yesterday - he usually replies very quickly, but I have had no word from him yet. I see that his home town Zaporizhyne is where the nuclear power station is situated, so I hope that he has either not got any electricity so can't reply, or perhaps moved away to be safe. I was hoping to send him some food stuffs (if I am allowed ) e.g dried soups, Anisleys couscous or paracetamols, all light weight. Things that are in short supply.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Hills ,
I sent an email to Jaycey yesterday - he usually replies very quickly, but I have had no word from him yet. I see that his home town Zaporizhyne is where the nuclear power station is situated, so I hope that he has either not got any electricity so can't reply, or perhaps moved away to be safe. I was hoping to send him some food stuffs (if I am allowed ) e.g dried soups, Anisleys couscous or paracetamols, all light weight. Things that are in short supply.
Jaycey told me that he was evacuating , and he would be in touch when poss . If i hear and he needs to be secretive i will contact you directly ( will send you my e mail ) if you so wish .
Regards , Steve

shash

shash
Thanks Steve. Perhaps he will let us know if he needs anything sent (if we are allowed to send from the U.K)
Best to just send stuff via anyone who is collecting for Ukrainian humanitarian needs. Trucks are going regularly from London and I assume from the rest of UK.
There is a plane also going tomorrow with everything you can think of that is needed.

I had a great donation come in today. Its a paediatric resuscitater and an adult resuscitater along with huge amount of medical stuff, antibiotics, pain relief and much more. This will go by truck hopefully by the end of the week. A truck also left yesterday, one of several I guess.
Keep donating what ever is required. Its the best we can do at this time as people need things right now.

uller

Best to just send stuff via anyone who is collecting for Ukrainian humanitarian needs. Trucks are going regularly from London and I assume from the rest of UK.
There is a plane also going tomorrow with everything you can think of that is needed.

I had a great donation come in today. Its a paediatric resuscitater and an adult resuscitater along with huge amount of medical stuff, antibiotics, pain relief and much more. This will go by truck hopefully by the end of the week. A truck also left yesterday, one of several I guess.
Keep donating what ever is required. Its the best we can do at this time as people need things right now.
Well done. Most donations are shipped to UKR border, from there the Ukrainians take care of the distribution. For charities, money is always the most versatile and welcome gift.

Would not worry too much about Jaycey. Zap was not under attack when he left. His way was West was open, no lurking Russians. He has left several countries before in a hurry, he should know what to do. (One tip, always keep a stash of convertible currency at hand.) He has family, sons, in the West who can smooth his way.

There are a number of Ukrainians working here in Estonia. Their employers have sent buses to the Polish border to pick up their families. Estonia itself has buses running to the border, transferring refugees to Estonia. Many other countries are doing the same. These refugees are being welcomed in Europe, not shunned like Syrians and Afghans, who had lived thru years of bombing and devastation, and who many Europeans were quite willing to shoot at the border or let drown in the Channel.

Camden

Govt survival, due to a failing economy seems to come before Ukrainian lives for some leaders and Parties.

Russian oligarchs are welcome in Turkey, foreign minister says​

Turkish Foreign Minister AKP Mevlut Cavusoglu said Saturday that he’d welcome sanctioned Russian oligarchs into his country as both tourists and investors, as long as any business dealings were kept within the realms of international law.

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Govt survival, due to a failing economy seems to come before Ukrainian lives for some leaders and Parties.

Turkish Foreign Minister AKP Mevlut Cavusoglu said Saturday that he’d welcome sanctioned Russian oligarchs into his country as both tourists and investors, as long as any business dealings were kept within the realms of international law.

There is a word for this, but I won't post it on this forum. In French it is similar to the Russian Leader

enoch

Top Poster Of Month

With or without their money.

Saoirse

They are welcome in Britain- all the way to the House of Lords, centre of Britains establishment, so why not Turkey

Camden

They are welcome in Britain- all the way to the House of Lords, centre of Britains establishment, so why not Turkey

Fintan O’Toole: extract
We point finger at London but Irish tax regime facilitates Putin and his oligarchs
Putin and the oligarchs have found a home for their money in Dublin.

We in the UK are now, only slowly ridding ourselves of these Oligarch's with their blood soaked money, I wouldn't advise or wish them on the Turks to welcome them ... as suggested .. they have enough troubles with there own home grown oligarchs ... posted below ...

Last edited:

Camden

Meet the Turkish Oligarch Who’s Pushing Kremlin Talking Points

Ethem Sancak helps the Turkish President straddle the NATO and Russia positions in the Ukraine war.​

Russian oligarchs are the primary enablers of President Vladimir Putin’s kleptocratic authoritarianism, but they aren’t the only ones. The activities of Turkish business magnate Ethem Sancak, one of the Turkish President closest political allies, demonstrate how Russia exerts influence even in NATO member states through business figures aligned with the Kremlin’s anti-Western worldview.

Interesting reading

Last edited:

uller

Meet the Turkish Oligarch Who’s Pushing Kremlin Talking Points

Ethem Sancak helps the Turkish President straddle the NATO and Russia positions in the Ukraine war.​

Russian oligarchs are the primary enablers of President Vladimir Putin’s kleptocratic authoritarianism, but they aren’t the only ones. The activities of Turkish business magnate Ethem Sancak, one of the Turkish President closest political allies, demonstrate how Russia exerts influence even in NATO member states through business figures aligned with the Kremlin’s anti-Western worldview.

The authors of this obvious hatchet job are both employed by the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies, a neo-con think tank in Washington, D.C., that is also considered to be a part of the Israel lobby. And the Dispatch and its founder are similarly proponents of neocon ideology.

Why is it that so often adamantly and crudely anti-Erdogan articles that also take a virulent view of “Islamism” are often connected to the Israel lobby?

If you’re really interested in the country that the US is showering with 40 billion dollars over the next ten years and that in turn is sheltering Russian oligarchs and refusing to implement sanctions on Russia, that information is easily available to all.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom