DaveL1234

David L
Will my Visa expire?
The old question of 'do I need to buy a new 90 day visa'

Tried using the calculator at

Calculator: Add to or subtract from a date

Added 89 days in the calculator and I should be okay just!

Anybody check my calculation?
My passport shows stamped on last trip incoming to Turkey on 20.7.09
On this trip I will be flying back home on Saturday 17th October

Is it worth the risk?

KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Will my Visa expire?
It's exactly 90 days.

But, if you're not comfortable with it, then £10 isn't much to pay for another visa is it ?

ceyn

Will my Visa expire?
Hi just thought i would let you know that in March i went back to England it was my 90th day my flight was before midnight.
But i was pulled to one side and taken to a kiosk where the man done the calculations and after a lot of head shaking and frowning he did let me through.
I did plead ignorant saying it was a urgent trip to see my Dad ( which was.nt a total fib i was going home to his surprise 80th birthday).
I would like to say that i would not risk it again. Hope this helps

DaveL1234

David L
Will my Visa expire?
Hi just thought i would let you know that in March i went back to England it was my 90th day my flight was before midnight.
But i was pulled to one side and taken to a kiosk where the man done the calculations and after a lot of head shaking and frowning he did let me through.
I did plead ignorant saying it was a urgent trip to see my Dad ( which was.nt a total fib i was going home to his surprise 80th birthday).
I would like to say that i would not risk it again. Hope this helps

Yes, thanks. My flight is at 21:05 on the 90th day. If it is delayed, after midnight there might be a problem. But won't I have already one through passport checking at check-in time??

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Will my Visa expire?
This was brought up a little while ago. I and friends of mine have renewed our 90 visitors visa simply by going to the foreign police department and paying the going fee for another 90 visitors visa. Many had never heard of this and some were going to try this themselves. Was there any feedback regarding NOT having to leave Turkey to renew your visitors visa, once.

Biker Bob

DaveL1234

David L
Will my Visa expire?
This was brought up a little while ago. I and friends of mine have renewed our 90 visitors visa simply by going to the foreign police department and paying the going fee for another 90 visitors visa. Many had never heard of this and some were going to try this themselves. Was there any feedback regarding NOT having to leave Turkey to renew your visitors visa, once.

Biker Bob

Superbogs, I brought your point up in thread:

http://www.turkishliving.com/forums/fethiye-forum/28557-don-t-let-your-visa-expire-its-90-days-not-3-months-3.html

It was mentioned that you are on a Canadian passport. Don't know if any UK passport holder has tried what you suggest.

Would be very useful info

David

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Will my Visa expire?
I really doubt that that makes a difference. We ,as Canadians are also part of the British commonwealth. My American friend used to do it also. Are we North Americans THAT special...:roundgrin

Biker Bob

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Will my Visa expire?
I really can't understand why anyone would want to 'risk it' if they're that close to the 90 days?

It simply is not worth the trouble for ten pounds.

Just my opinion anyway (not that it matters :D)....

C

Nigel517

Will my Visa expire?
My advice is do not risk it. One of my post was about this when I mistakenly thought it was 3 months not 90 days. One day over. No leniency or excuses at all and a fine around £150 for my missus and me .

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Will my Visa expire?
for me its not the £10 it's the having to pay to go to Kos for a day!

I would like to see a kiosk set up at Bodrum, and other Turkish Airports where you just go along when your 90 days are due and pay the £10, seems logic to me, but will they ever do this? The authorities could still stress that if you do not pay the penalty would be say £100+. It would work I'm sure. I know it has also been stated to buy a residency visa, but if you're only planning to stay for the summer period then the 90 day visa paid for when up for renewal is sufficient.

zozatky

Will my Visa expire?
Rules are Rules . In my opinion the Turksh Authorities are very inflexabable unless there is a chance of a financial insentive. In which case their flexibility increases no end....

Latest Posts

Top Bottom