Wild Boar / pigs
Hi All,

Just got back from Hillside having discovered lastest issue. Rubbish from bins is being collected and then dumped as land fill up the hill next to Zeus F block -not an issue in itself until night time when wild boar / pigs come down of the mountain as they now have a ready made food supply. We encountered them one night when leaving for dinner thankfully we were in the car.

Gardeners now refuse to water the new plants up on Zeus E without protection - they come in 2 or threes and bring the little guard dog. They genuinely do appear frightened.

We also have a nightly visit from a fox as he goes hunting for food.

Those of u meeting with Ufuk could perhaps ask he disposes of the
rubbish correctly surely this is art of our maintenance fee - we did bring this to Uktu's attention but he just laughed it off.

Regards Chris and Karen:dooh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fleck

Wild Boar / pigs
phew ! thank god your at the top of the mountain , wouldnt want them coming down to our gaff !

PASH

Wild Boar / pigs
Wild Boar can be incredibly dangerous, especially when threatened or cornered. I am not surprised that the gardeners are scared to death. I am sure its illegal and should be reported.

Last edited:
Wild Boar / pigs
we are coming out to hillside on saturday /sunday.now am terrified of wild boar.hope they stay up near the mountain and don't venture down to kronos!we really must see that they dispose of the rubbish correctly or we'll need more than one tiny guard dog.
hope to see you all soon,from one frightened hillsider,Mary
(nigel and mary)

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Wild Boar / pigs
A tiny dog is not a guard dog...it's only a watch dog....lol. Wid boar in my back yard would soon be a nice pork BBQ

Biker Bob

Trott

Wild Boar / pigs
Re: rubbish disposal

Hi All

We have recently returned from Hillside and also watched in amazment when all the rubbish was collected and then dumped just up from Zeus F. I also asked Utku about it and he told me big lorry comes for rubbish once a week ( think thats rubbish ) didnt see any evidence when we were there, can someone please get this matter talked about with Utku as he didnt seem to be bothered when we asked, and now we seem to have a problem with wild boar not good to have rubbish dumped then just left. Think this needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency. We are hoping to go again in Oct and will certainly bring the matter up again but if anyone there before who could also do this would be much appreciated.#

Jane and Gary

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Wild Boar / pigs
Isn't there any laws as to where you can dump garbage? Not that they would be enforced but if you bring it to the authorities attention I would like to think they would respond.

Biker Bob

tjd

Wild Boar / pigs
A tiny dog is not a guard dog...it's only a watch dog....lol. Wid boar in my back yard would soon be a nice pork BBQ

Biker Bob

Bob,

It would need to be a big BBQ - some of these boar are pretty well built - the last one I saw must have been about 6foot nose to tail and very heavily built. It was a monster.

Sara-666

Wild Boar / pigs
We have loads of them around here as well, we live on the outskirts of Pinarlibelen and they would come into our garden if it was not for our dogs, the little ones are gorgeous to eat but the bigger ones are too hard to deal with

Sara

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Wild Boar / pigs
Been 8 months since I have had pork....I could hop on the back of the biggest one and chew away on his neck while he was trying to shake me off .....it sounds like there's a country song in there somewhere.....:36329ht5b

Biker Bob

pldouglas

Wild Boar / pigs
W have wild boar in woodland here in East Sussex and in fact more are being introduced in parts of Wales because they are good for the enviornment apparently. There are also lots in parts of Germany, in the forests I expect. We have a friend who works for the Forestry Commision and he has made a study of boar for many years now, on behalf of the forestry commision as part of his job.
We don't worry about them here, they have been in the woods as long as I can remember (and thats going back a bit) and can only ever remember one unpleasent incident involving a dog which upset a boar - the dog lost. My brother has a boar skin rug made from a boar who previously lived in these woods.
I would be far more worried about rats if I had rubbish being dumped nearby, they are a far greater threat.

Phil Johns

Kennels & Pet Transporter
Wild Boar / pigs
Sorry to all the veggies, but we eat this very often and I can tell you it is nothing like pork it is dark in color and tates more like beef.:hearnoevi

EVELYNNE

evelynne
Wild Boar / pigs
Can i ask , the rubbish that is being dumped for land fill, is it just from hillside or from all the sites in that area. Who is dumping it , is it the council?. I would be interested as have aplace at Pearl rock just across the hill.

Jon & Mia

Wild Boar / pigs
When we were ther we saw a sounder of wild boar while we sat in the Garden restaurant. They came right down onto the beach and don't appear to have a particular fear of man. So good luck with rounding one up for a BBQ - I wouldn't mind betting the boar would be licking his lips at the thouight of the encounter too !

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
Wild Boar / pigs
W have wild boar in woodland here in East Sussex and in fact more are being introduced in parts of Wales because they are good for the enviornment apparently. There are also lots in parts of Germany, in the forests I expect. We have a friend who works for the Forestry Commision and he has made a study of boar for many years now, on behalf of the forestry commision as part of his job.
We don't worry about them here, they have been in the woods as long as I can remember (and thats going back a bit) and can only ever remember one unpleasent incident involving a dog which upset a boar - the dog lost. My brother has a boar skin rug made from a boar who previously lived in these woods.
I would be far more worried about rats if I had rubbish being dumped nearby, they are a far greater threat.

Rats are much harder to lasoo and takes many more to make a decent BBQ out of them....lol

Biker Bob

Latest Posts

Top Bottom