ceemac

Shake It Baby...
'Why Muslim Culture Needs More Fun'
I thought this article from the Hurriyet Daily News raised some good issues;

'Is the popularity of Santa Claus in Turkey an example of the West’s 'cultural imperialism'? Or should Muslims question why they don’t have similar symbols of laughter and joy?'

Here

C

zozatky

Personally i believe it's the "cultural / economic imperialism" Truth is that it's not cultural really; it's all about giants want everyone to shop shop during this period; i dont think it's they want turks to fancy santa claus....

Plus; there are a lot of laughter and joy symbols in turkey real fun but they dont motivate you to shop :)))

Im not being sarcastic but what/ where are all the laughter & joy symbols that are such fun.?

alison09400

From what I've seen turkish people could have fun in an empty house. It takes very little for them to get in to the party atmosphere and they're up dancing at the drop of a hat.

carolk

R.I.P
From what I've seen turkish people could have fun in an empty house. It takes very little for them to get in to the party atmosphere and they're up dancing at the drop of a hat.

I would agree with that Alison, when all my neighbours are here they are a very fun loving lot, they will have a party or BBQ at the drop of a hat, they don't need a weeks notice like me lol.

SuperBogs

I miss you Pebble
When this western culture took over North America many of the immigrants were poor farmers trying to make a better life for their famlies....Christmas was still celebrated then and most items were very simple and usually home made. It's our society that has allowed it to become so commercialized. I love Christmas and all the excitement it brings for the kids. I feel sorrow for those that can't find joy and laughter on this great festive day.

Bob

Latest Posts

Top Bottom