KKOB

Completely Chillaxed
Why is it ?
That the average Turkish male wouldn't be seen dead in the kitchen at home, unless of course they were going to the fridge to get some Raki and ice, yet the vast majority of chefs and other kitchen staff in Turkish restaurants, lokanta, tea houses etc are male. :D

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Why is it ?
Simples, their wives wont let them smoke in the Kitchen at home , at work it's compulsory. Happy days.

Steve.

Why is it ?
you've got it wrong...many Turkish men help out in the kitchen expecially on a day off and guests are coming round..and especially if its a barbecue then its always the men that manage it.
İts true they dont do the veg. nor wash up but they will help to clear away.
Have you never seen how a Turkish family picnic is managed. the women prepare the salad and the men get the fire going and cook the food in batches.
İts men that usually shop for meat and in fact shopping is usually a family affair.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Why is it ?
Maybe some turks are like that . But my Hubby Always cooks the food unless i make English food . the table is cleared at 100mph Then he washes dishes and gives me coffee !!! After a week of me serving english food . Chops potatos peas etc Without Salad and rabbit food i think it was a shock So he has rice I have pots He has Salad i have cabbage ..... It has to be the Training ...ha ha ha ..Diane

Clarecg

Why is it ?
My OH always cooks as like Diane's hubby he's been well trained LOL and wants Turksh food. Oh and is also a trained chef!!! Very difficult to compete with so I don't bother and let him get on with it ;)

Following his engineering degree he realised that tourism was the way forward and completed a further course. Like most Turks he can make a meal from virtually nothing - it gets very like Ready, Steady, Cook in our kitchen some evenings!

carolk

R.I.P
Why is it ?
I see a lot of Turkish men manning the barbie. I think they are great cooks and seem to enjoy it very much. I think they take great pride in growing and cooking their own produce. Good for them!!!!

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Why is it ?
Yes Ibrahim is a great cook - both in the restaurant and at home
I must admit when we are in the UK I do ALL the cooking - after 8 months of not cooking I really do enjoy !

pembelu

Why is it ?
My husband likes food the way his mum would cook it so if i say im not sure how to do it, hes so tight he doesnt want me to waste or ruin the ingrediants so he says ' oh i will do it myself and you watch and learn'.....(but i always clean) im still watching...im still learning...means at least half the weekly meals are cooked by him. I love fussy men.
When we 1st met and i was working more than him he cooked everynight and always fresh food and made a right fuss (for hours....) .Long gone is Elizabeth Taylors advice ' dont eat meals after 8'....or was it 7??!!! he often served our food gone 9 by the time im drooling over even the bread...argggg

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Why is it ?
well ive noticed BBQ's r a 'male' thing in any culture! is always the guys pretending that they can cook in the garden while the wife would have done the marinade etc... haah lol

Why is it ?
Pretty obvious answer here: Turkey has a large young population and a large tourist industry and that's where a lot of the jobs are. You might say the same thing about Italians. Demography and economics.

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Why is it ?
..and especially if its a barbecue then its always the men that manage it.

Yes, as noted by Zuberdust above I was about to say BBQ's seem to be a universal male domain - got to be some caveman testosterone thing to do with fire and eating your kill!

Glad to see all the wise women who started as they meant to go on and pretended they couldn't live up to mum-in-law's cooking (a good move).

A single male Turkish neighbour is always cooking for the others. He was doing jars of pickled veg last time I was there (jars were the size you would buy a 1/4 of sweets from in the old days - there must've been 30). I think he wanted me to take some but it would have blown my luggage allowance!

Carol

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
Why is it ?
I too agree about the BBQ debate...there's def something about the combination of meat and fire that brings out the most primeval instincts in men overall...

And especially if they appear to have a beer in their hand too!!!

Him indoors has an aversion to the kitchen when it comes to cooking...but always seems to have his head in the fridge..

No, my bloke only really goes into the kitchen when he wants to do some serious cleaning...yep...fine by me!!

zuberdust

IM THE BESTEST :)
Why is it ?

hhehe just talkin from expericne, when we have bbqs, my mum wud put 90% of all the hard work into cuting the meat, shaping it, flabvoring it, sorting dishes, salads etc..... my dad would cook it n he got the "wow thnx ur so good" hahaah all that... we just laugh about it.... shes like whatver! :p

Why is it ?
well ive noticed BBQ's r a 'male' thing in any culture! is always the guys pretending that they can cook in the garden while the wife would have done the marinade etc... haah lol

Certainly like that at our house, I don't think hubby knows what a pan is for, but when the BBQ comes out he is suddenly Gordon Ramsay/Gary Rhodes rolled into one and what he has done towards the meal is overwhelming. In fact all he has done is shout to ask where the tongs are!!!

I think a BBQ and a TV remote control must be the same thing in a mans eyes, for their personal use only.

Sue

jcrian

Why is it ?
BBQ: It's the only type of cooking a real man will do.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

1) The woman buys the food.

2) The woman makes the salad, vegetables, and dessert.

3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill -- beer in hand.

Here comes the important part .....

4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....

5) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning.

He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the situation.

Important again ....

7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine.....

8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes. And most of all ....

10) Everyone PRAISES the man and THANKS him for his cooking efforts.

11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off."

And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women.:slapme:

(jokes from the cave)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom