rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Why do we watch soaps???
Can anyone tell me why we watch soaps, are we as stupid as the producers think, after the Heather/Darren in Eastenders, Charity/Cain and the rest in Emmerdale and as for Carla/Tony in Corrie, I give up. Perhaps it is because we are nosey and have to keep an eye on the neighbors, or are we just sad.
Are the Archers still "An everyday saga of ordinary folk" Bring back "Mrs Dales Diary" Then we can all worry about Jim

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Why do we watch soaps???
I only keep up with Corrie and not every episode, but the reason I watch it is the entertainment value of Corrie, it always gives me a laugh.

parrot

Why do we watch soaps???
Cos we are natuarally nosey.

Jeannie
Change nosey to sad.On the odd occassion I have watched Eastenders it has really cheered me up,I tend to look at it more as a documentatry on life in the East end,ditto with Corrie.

Last edited:

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Why do we watch soaps???
I used to love Dallas mainly for the clothes they were gorgous . And the houses to die for . Never watch other soaps excepy corrie once in a while . But its stupid at Times ,,,Diane

JEANNIE

Going to get Thinner
Why do we watch soaps???
Do you remember ELDORADO, i used to watch it cos i felt like i was back in Spain on my hols, what a saddo eh?

Jeannie

DAVIDO

Why do we watch soaps???
im baffled how eastenders gets awards. every character that comes into it is at war with another.and the storylines especially the heather one is crazy.coronation st and emerdale are more easy watching if not always sencible, but eastenders seems to be all violence and one scoring points of another.

davido

Mag

Why do we watch soaps???
I love Eastenders, Corrie and Emmerdale..we have an Irish soap, Fair City, which I just cant watch without cringing, the acting is rough to say the least!!

Why do we watch soaps???
Before my 5 month holiday in Yalikavak (with no TV) I watched Corrie & Enders faithfully but since comming home last week they just seem so stupid, I think I might be cured!

tinkycarol

5 a day inspiration!
Why do we watch soaps???
You should seen them in New Zealand - Coronation Street is like religion (very bizarre). I spent 5 months travelling around and it was dead on Tuesday and Thursday evening at 7.30pm as they were all glued to Coronation Street for the next hour!

Mind you after watching their home produced TV I could see the appeal. Having said that I am into Neighbours at the minute...surprising how quick you get sucked in and then find I am watching it every day (depends on my routine/day).

Carol

zozatky

Why do we watch soaps???
Brainwashed..!!! THe daftest thing about them are most folks think they are real...Its a bit like whatching Cinema Turk here

babsgood

Deemon in disguise
Why do we watch soaps???
I watch them cos I like them and also because most of the programmes on Digiturk are rubbish and repeated to death...............and Zozatky they're not real? :eek:

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Why do we watch soaps???
Brainwashed..!!! THe daftest thing about them are most folks think they are real...Its a bit like whatching Cinema Turk here

Each to their own -- and I certainly am NOT brainwashed !!

And of course I dont think its real - we have our own REAL Soaps here in Yalikavak !!

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Why do we watch soaps???

Tch, and I was going to send in a bid for Roy's cafe, and Rita's Newsagents out of my retirement fund, lol

zozatky

Why do we watch soaps???
I Wish I could catch Fish this easy..!!!

Bring back No Hiding Place. Highway Patrol & good old Maigret (Commissaire).

Latest Posts

Top Bottom