panther

Whose Responsible?
In a block of seven apartments. The roof that has solar panels, drums, satellite dishes any problem with leakage, is everyone responsible as this unfortunately affects the duplexes below with water damage?

Does anyone know about public liability insurance for grounds and roof? Does roof come into the equation?

Surely the people in the top duplexes can't be responsible as a lot of the utilities are of other peoples equipment in the block .

Maybe Cem might answer this one.

Does the block need to take public liability insurance out?

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Whose Responsible?
The roof of the apartment and also the solar panels that are used by the owners in the building are all responsible for the maintaining of the roof and solar panels and tanks.All the owners have the same rights to use the facilities and are responsible when things go wrong,according to Turkish law.The repair bills should be evenly shared
This is what l was told

butt007

Warren
Whose Responsible?
We are in a block of 9 apts. 8 of which are sold, the top 2 apts were suffering water leakage from the terraced roof, but we had all been paying into a block maintenance fund to cover such an eventuality as that, so we had the roof re-sealed with a thick layer of isolation material.
It took about 10-12 days to do and cost 3850tl and is guaranteed for min of 5 years.
Warren

Helenm150

Whose Responsible?
We are in a block of 9 apts. 8 of which are sold, the top 2 apts were suffering water leakage from the terraced roof, but we had all been paying into a block maintenance fund to cover such an eventuality as that, so we had the roof re-sealed with a thick layer of isolation material.
It took about 10-12 days to do and cost 3850tl and is guaranteed for min of 5 years.
Warren
Hi Warren, when your roof was resealed, did you have to reposition all the water tanks, solar panels and A.C. outlets - or was the isolation material (sealant) worked around them? Regards, Helen

butt007

Warren
Whose Responsible?
Hello Helen, there are'nt any of those things you mentioned on our roof, it is/was just an open large tiled area.
They painted over the tiles with a thick layer of Isolation material, then rolled out on it a membrane of some sort of thickish paper like material, then another layer of Isolation material. The guy said he would guarantee it 5yrs but it would last "25yrs", his words.
But he said "No holes should be drilled through it without it being sealed properly again"
Warren

Helenm150

Whose Responsible?
Therein possibly lies the problem with my leaky roof - other owners in my block may have compromised the insulation by drilling through the tiles laid on top of the insulation material to fix AC units? There are currently 3 x water tanks, 3 x solar panels and 2 x AC units on the roof so a lot to move - it affects me more because I am top floor apartment - not sure what I can do?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom