Will you buy a non compulsory ID card when they go national?

• Yes

Votes: 14 15.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 9 9.7%

• Total voters

GnD

Who'll be buying one when they go national?
No point unless compulsory, but the data must be secure and don't think that can be guaranteed.

Chinook

Air France accepted a plastic UK driving licence on a trip to Paris and there was no problem coming back through British Customs.

We all complain about the never ending cycle of new laws and regulations. :ballchain
At last the government gives you a choice. :yipee:
What do we do? We respectfully decline their kind invitation.

They can't win.:noidea:

spitfire

Frustrated Bolton Fan
I would be willing to carry one, but I don't see why I should have to buy one though! :noidea:

Allan

MerryChristmas2.gif

juco

Do you honestly think they are going to give you a choice!

This is just the start, to make it compulsary just now is way too big an objective and probably difficult to achieve, but by allowing a choice many will take up the option when it goes national.
Then they will market it and be a bit more pushy, so another load will take it on board.
Eventually there will only be a small % that dont have it, thats when they will make it compulsary as the numbers will be small enough to enforce it.
After that you will then be fined for not having on your possession.

Another area of your life the government will have taken control of.

They are using the exact same tactics with the swine flu vaccine.

Martyn

Yes CT, personally I would carry it at all times like I do my driving licence and cards. If it was to replace passports as well it would be even better and become a single point of id.

immac

Senior Member Has-Been
Extracts from Express:

"But Phil Booth from campaign group NO2ID said: “The Government claims ID cards are a handy alternative to a passport is bogus.

“You have to have one already so you will pay another £30 and set yourself up for a lifetime of fees, penalties and compliance.

“Once you are on the database you will be obliged to update Whitehall’s register on you for the rest of your life.”

Alex Deane, director of campaign group Big Brother Watch, said: “The people who have signed up for these cards in Manchester will probably not appreciate that, under Part 9, Schedule 1 of the ID Cards Act 2006, every time they use the card, the details of use - who they are, where they were, what they did with it, who they did it with - will be recorded indefinitely by the Government on this database.

“They will not know because they have not been warned about it - and that is disgraceful.”

Full article: Daily Express | UK News :: ID cards rolled out in Manchester - but they're not even compulsory

Ian

Spot the Difference

paintbrandedsheep.jpg

uk-id.jpg

handchip_300.jpg

holocaust_tattoo.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nD7dbkkBIA]YouTube - Rockefeller Reveals 9/11 FRAUD to Aaron Russo[/ame]

juco

Many have tried to rule the world over the ages with varying degrees of success.
The only difference today is the tools, and a blundering acceptance by the masses.

A passport is not compulsary. A driving licence is not compulsory. A credit card is not.
In the UK one is constantly asked for proof of identity, even when cashing a cheque or using a credit card.
Solution? An ID card. But please NOT compulsory.

Why should I need an ID card? I know who I am.

Why should I trust my data to a government that one writer brilliantly described as drunkenly strolling up the street with people's most personal information falling out of its pockets?

:ballchain

Robert

At last, a poll to find out how many of us Brits are bonkers, aparently its about 12% .

Latest Posts

Top Bottom