Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Who was your Favourite Comic Characters?
I loved the Bash Street Kids. Plug was my favourite, and not forgetting Smiffy, lol great memories of comics as a kid. Mind you I was a tom boy, but have to admit I did buy Jackie, just for the wow great posters for my bedroom wall of Marc Bolan, my Grandma used to ban me from putting drawing pins in her wallpaper, 9woodchip, of course), lol. Come on share your favorites.

OWENA

Before I discovered Jackie and FAB 208 (Big David Cassidy fan - loved all the posters in both) I used to get Bunty and Judy, Diana etc. Still got all my old Annuals too.

Tess

Ahhh Memories, Jackie, Bunty, Judy, Diana - where have all the years gone.

I loved my Bay City Rollers posters too!!!!!

sasa

Pimp My Sasha!
I didn't really have comics when i was growing up but my mum used to by me Just Seventeen and Smash Hits every week..

I used to avidly memorise the song lyrics to the Top 40 every sunday whilst taping it too..(obviously i wouldn't even contemplate such an illegal act nowadays!!!)

In addition, my mum used to help out at our school and also our church so whenever she used to spot a Jackie Annual at any of the organised fete's/fair's she buy it for me and i was transported into a whole different world of teenage angst..

I also got to know how to blend pink and blue eyeshadow at a very early age thanks to my Jackie Annual 1978...Before i should even contemplate wearing it!!!

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Alf Tupper, the Tough of the Track, The Wolf of Kabul and his faithful sidekick Clicky Ba.

Sterling Stuff, nothing changes.

Steve.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Davis Essex was my fav - still is - great for an old man -- lovely eyes !
Saw him in concert last March and he still has the ""Magic " for me x

Sorry - forget this post - think I am going MAD - didn"t read correctly

Yes comics -- Jackie - Bunty -Princess - Judy - all the girlie mags
Used to collect all the badges etc and wear them with pride - lol

Last edited:

Tess

Have to say Luckycat !!!! David Essex, stuff dreams were made off for a teenager, and those eyes!!!! Wow!!! I had a pic on my wall when he done the song Silver Dream Racer and he was on a bike or least he was draped up against it all nonchalant!!! can picture it yet!!! Oh my word that was so so so long ago or at least it seems so, where have all the years gone??? You have started something now Sunnyseasider you gonna have all us gals reminiscing and remembering the good ole days LOL!!!!

Peregrine

the Mekon - now there was a villain; and his arch rival Dan Dare

as for posters - well the one of the tennis player from behind hitching up her skirt to adjust her knickers springs to mind (fuunily enough) as do Bridgit Bardot in 20,000BC and a naked Jane Fonda poster (now where did that one go?). Halcyon days - the sun always shone, summer holidays were endless and it always snowed at Christmas

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Davis Essex was my fav - still is - great for an old man -- lovely eyes !
Saw him in concert last March and he still has the ""Magic " for me x

Sorry - forget this post - think I am going MAD - didn"t read correctly

Yes comics -- Jackie - Bunty -Princess - Judy - all the girlie mags
Used to collect all the badges etc and wear them with pride - lol

Lol, no you're not going mad, it's great to reminisce, I loved Marc Bolan for the very same reason, his gorgeous eyes and dark locks, lol. It was such a shame that he died so young in a tragic accident. Yes I loved to collect the badges, I was also a member of the Tufty club.

:3:

OWENA

Lol, no you're not going mad, it's great to reminisce, I loved Marc Bolan for the very same reason, his gorgeous eyes and dark locks, lol. It was such a shame that he died so young in a tragic accident. Yes I loved to collect the badges, I was also a member of the Tufty club.

:3:

Going back even further - I still have my Harold Hare badge!!

BTW DAVID CASSIDY HAS THE BEST EYES, DARK WAVY HAIR AND THE BEST SMILE EVER

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Going back even further - I still have my Harold Hare badge!!

BTW DAVID CASSIDY HAS THE BEST EYES, DARK WAVY HAIR AND THE BEST SMILE EVER

Lol, btw hope you had an enjoyable Birthday Owena, only just noticed.

Does anyone remember the 2 owls (I think they were) and there was an Aunty Jean!. I cannot remember that being the Tufty Club lost, but then it was 20 or so years ago, haha. It's bugging me now trying to remember.

OWENA

Thanks for the birthday wishes, yes I had a very nice day.

I cant remember anything much about Harold Hare or the Tufty club - too many years ago lol. I have an Annual somewhere - will have a look.

nanamo

I used to love David Essex until i was taken to see him on stage - he's so short - I fell out of love with him that day.

As for comics, i used to have Bunty delivered to my house every week and loved cutting out the paer dolly's and clothes on the back.
Does anyone remember Mick and Mont Morentsy (cant spell it) slap stick guys who always had a bucket of wallpaper paste and a ladder. I loved Mr Pastry too.
And, somewhere I still have a few Robertson Golly badges - how much do you think they are worth now. Molly

sarah t

we had dandy, beano and whizzer and chips .....
well my dad did and i think we usually got to them about sunday tea time lol

was a member of tufty club !!...lots of very badly coloured in christmas cards lol

and was scared of hartley hare ...think it was the strings atatched to his arms and he was not exactly handsome now was he !!

and had mark bolan on the wall ...and oliver tobias ? (robin hood)

so who remembers poggles wood ?...and the flumps ......

guinevere

<swoon> david cassidy ! my daughter buys me the jackie albums for my birthday ,2 so far and the singing in the car ....well you can imagine ,and for mothers day she got me a limited edition jackie annual ,(they bought it out this year )
anyway my favourite cartoon characters were the numskulls,the ones that lived in the head ,i thought they were great !

God I,d forgotten all about Jackie magazine!
It was like a bible to us teenage girls full of angst.

I remember winning some sort of quiz on Anglia TV and getting a record voucher.
One of the singles I bought was "Little Things" by Dave Berry.
I thought be was the business, all mean and moody :)

Soo x

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
How are you today Soo, hope your bites are healing now. You've got me humming Little Things in my head now, lol. Oh our teen years were the best era, don't you agree. I'm still banging about in my head who had Aunty Jean in one of the kids clubs, aaggghhhh it's doing my head in now. I've even googled and got nowhere with it.

:help:

OWENA

I used to love David Essex until i was taken to see him on stage - he's so short - I fell out of love with him that day.

As for comics, i used to have Bunty delivered to my house every week and loved cutting out the paer dolly's and clothes on the back.
Does anyone remember Mick and Mont Morentsy (cant spell it) slap stick guys who always had a bucket of wallpaper paste and a ladder. I loved Mr Pastry too.
And, somewhere I still have a few Robertson Golly badges - how much do you think they are worth now. Molly

OOHH I still have some of them too. I did have a full set of the Golly pottery figures too, but my mum gave them to my eldest when he was little, and he broke them (little darling!!) They were worth around a £100 then too!!!

OWENA

How are you today Soo, hope your bites are healing now. You've got me humming Little Things in my head now, lol. Oh our teen years were the best era, don't you agree. I'm still banging about in my head who had Aunty Jean in one of the kids clubs, aaggghhhh it's doing my head in now. I've even googled and got nowhere with it.

:help:

Just asked my OH and he seems to think Aunty Jean was on the Tingha and Tucker club

Tingha & Tucker children's club badge, 1960s on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
There was a programme on the radio recently and I was half listening, as you do, and it was two characters and Aunty Jean was part of this club, I'm sure they were owls. Thanks for helping me with this.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom