jillykins

Who let the dogs out!!!!!!
OK!!!
I know this has been raised on many occassions. BUT.
This is a real problem.
Please advise.
We have 2 packs of dogs running around our complex and the surrounding area at night. I am a real animal lover, as is my husband, BUT, on a number of occassions ,we were confronted by 8 dogs running after our car snarling, which prevented us (we were too scared) from getting out of the car to open our gate. After a time, when they found something else to chase, we escaped to the house. One night, my daughter and her friend were out in Bodrum and I worried all night about them coming home to be greeted by the pack!!! Not good for your mental health!! Or tourism for that matter!!
I know people have approached the local council and that has made no difference. I know people have suggested poisoning the dogs (not something I would like to do). So, is the answer to put up with it? Or has anyone any other ideas?

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Oh No, there are lots of threads about this, and you'll get us dog lovers in trouble again

:kafa:

good question! the stray dogs really scare me, I would like to go out walking in the early mornings on my own but dare not!

As stated in another thread this problem has ruined my two weeks holiday with our youngest son being frightened of dogs was getting him used to them but this has put me back to square one we were just outside yalikavak around bluewater bay area. Cant see an end to it really as wouldnt want to see them poisoned, hopefully a bit better next year if I decide to go,

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
good question! the stray dogs really scare me, I would like to go out walking in the early mornings on my own but dare not!

If you're scared of dogs Pat, you'll probably know they can scent your fear. Whenever we are in our apartment, (and dependent on hangover levels, lol), most mornings we park up and walk the Tek Road along into Yalikavak and all along the old harbour way past the Boatyard, its approx a 3 mile walk. We meet many dogs along the way and we have never felt threatened or intimidated by any of the dogs we meet. Most of the time one or 2 befriend us and walk with us, I always carry water bottles and they take a drink from the palm of my hand. I'm probably not going to persuade you, but honestly they are very friendly and just want a bit of human company. It saddens me when we have to leave them.

Akasya

Postless Pointer
Sunny, this is a lovely post, hope we meet you and your motley crew in Yali one day.

Steve.

Summer is still with us, 'til septembers gone. Wake me up.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Yes I hope so too, I like to put faces to names Steve. Just look out for Yabancis with dogs in tow, off the lead I'm afraid to say. Errr, the dogs, lol.

Lesley

alancookson

Alan and Lynne
I've got to agree with Jillykins these dogs in the YALIKAVAK area are becoming a bloody nuisance I put a thread on this subject under Wild and Dangerous Dogs, the Sitesi I have a house on is Baris I used to breed and show German Shepherd Dogs and Ithought I was not scared of dogs but the Pack that roams around us is FRIGHTENING I only hope a child is not savaged it's time for a cull I know most people will not agree with this.

Last edited:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Alan
did you not see the poll that was on here just recently,66 % agreed that the wild dogs should be put down.

scary !!!

martin

rosewall1

ex Bond Girl
Sunny Seasider, on your remark that the dogs can sense fear a perfect example is our sitesi. We have two street dogs that live outside our property, we feed them. They hate Turks, with very few exceptions, they bark and chase cars and motorcycles and vans, keep Turks prisoners in their vans etc but should an english person arrive absolutely no problem they definitely know whose who. I think it is a great pity that so many Turkish people are scared of dogs, if only we could overcome this fear life would be so much better for them and the dogs. (cats as well)

Latest Posts

Top Bottom