Who is still worried about Swine Flu??
All those worried about Swine Flu,Bird Flu,SARS,Terrorism etc etc
Have a read of this latest news from China.

Chinese Town Sealed Off After Plague Outbreak
5 hours 54 mins ago

© Sky News 2009 Print Story
A town of 10,000 people in north west China has been sealed off from the outside world after an outbreak of deadly pneumonic plague. The town of Ziketan in Qinghai Province has been quarantined after a dozen people were infected with the highly contagious lung disease.

The outbreak has already claimed two lives. A herdsman died from the disease on Friday and his neighbour died on Sunday.

Another 10 people, mostly relatives of the dead men, were undergoing treatment in an isolation hospital. A team of medical experts are being flown into the remote town.

Health authorities are warning that anyone suffering from a cough or fever who has visited the town since the middle of last month should seek urgent medical attention.

There are fears the disease may have spread before the town was sealed off.

Pneumonic plague is easily transmitted through the air and can be passed from person to person by coughing. It is the same bacteria that occurs in bubonic plague.

The Black Death killed more than 25 million people throughout western europe in the Middle Ages.

According to the World Health Organisation, pneumonic plague is one of the deadliest infectious diseases and can kill within 24 hours of infection.

Couldnt get any worse apart from nucleur wipeout Lol.
We are all doomed I tell you!!
Mad really and proves how too much information on the Net aint good!!
Years ago you wouldnt hear about it but now its all in your face!!

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
Your right Terry .Not only do l find this insulting,but laughable as well.
lf l don't laugh at this,l'll have a nervous breakdown and drink my self to death,since there is no hope anymore and all is gone.

johnfella

Beats Me !!! , What's laughable about other peoples sufferings ????????????

ukizook

Your right Terry .Not only do l find this insulting,but laughable as well.
lf l don't laugh at this,l'll have a nervous breakdown and drink my self to death,since there is no hope anymore and all is gone.

Why insulting ? I thought you preach that the world will end soon anyway ;)

Beats Me !!! , What's laughable about other peoples sufferings ????????????
John
I started the thread and the laughable part was the way bad news gets worse but cetainly not aimed at the town,s situation or its sufferers
I apologise for that misunderstanding in my leading thread and have edited it.
I am sure thats what others meant too.

Last edited:

PASH

it is all hype! 25 million back in the middle ages was a very small amount of deaths as modern medicine and care would greatly reduce such numbers, i think its all scaremongering and wish they would stop such headlines as it just causes unneccessary panic.

jcrian

From Wikipedia.....

Pneumonic plague is the second most virulent and second least common form of plague (after septicemic plague), caused by the bacterium Yersinia pestis. Typically, pneumonic form is due to a secondary spread from advanced infection of an initial bubonic form. Primary pneumonic plague results from inhalation of aerosolized infective droplets and can be transmitted from human to human without involvement of fleas or animals. Untreated pneumonic plague has a very high fatality rate.Without treatment, the mortality rate from pneumonic plague approaches 100%

At least the chinese authorities acted quickly to try and stop the spread of this deadly disease.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonic_plague[/ame]

Last edited:

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
Yes, I have to say I'm not really getting the point you're trying to make in your post Terry, especially the bit about the internet :)

And you forgot to include smoking in your 'all those worried about' part .....

C

Yes quite!!
It was the fact that it is so deadly that brought my humour out in the wrong way.
Death within 24 hours if untreated ??
Makes Swine Flu look like Head Lice!!!
How much worse could news get for those who worry??
Asteroid hundreds of miles across heading on collision course for Earth??.
In the end you have to become immune to bad news and get on with life

Hi Ceemac
Just saw the world news getting predominantly worse because these days with the "Instant news",everybody hears about it.
Back in my day(Creaking bones!!!" most of these things never got to the attention of the general public hence nobody knew enough to be worried!!!
These days people get a cold, look the symptoms up on the Net and think " Bloody hell,it could be more serious , look at all the illnesses I could have???".
Look at the financial aspect?? Everyone knows if the Dow market opens low,the FTSE will immediately drop because the internet has linked them with the "Instant" movement of news. Whether health,finance,bombings etc etc its the same.
It HAPPENS and BANG you hear about it!!
A slower movement of news allows greater amendment of information so when you eventually get to hear , if at all, it might have been downgraded in its seriousness.
Look at Bird Flu Panic & Downgraded,SARS Panic and Disappeared etc etc.

I think this "Instant information" on the Net whether news or any subject can give the average person just enough information to cause panic.
Very often it used to be the case of "What you dont know,doesnt bother you!!!

Its the old topic of "If you knew you had 5 days to live,would you want to know?" or "Do you want to know the future??"
Sometimes blissful ignorance, like we had years ago, is the best approach and we can live contented and relaxed.

Fors and againsts I guess but the Net has certainly changed our perception of happy living!!.

Last edited:

bobthenob

Non Active Member
l remember a program about a smallpox epidemic in the city of New York spreading very rapidly,just by brushing against another pedestrian in the streets and it goes on till the whole country is effected with this virus.
Well 6 to 7 years later the population is still growing without any signs of smallpox.
lt's a conspiracy from the world leaders to create a new world order by inflicting fear into people.Once you have fear in the people you can gain control over them

jcrian

I think you will find that Pneumonic plague is more deadly than smallpox Bob.

Almost certain death if not treated within 24hrs.

ceemac

Shake It Baby...
This swine flu paranoia is getting out of hand...

x5y0oz.jpg

C​

Latest Posts

Top Bottom