altinkum kev

Non Active Member
Which Phone to buy?
Which phone do you recommend me to buy in Turkey,i think its about time I got up to date and had a modern phone with wifi etc I need to listen to live football from the uk etc .

Which Phone to buy?
Re: Which Phone

iphone is good from what i see from a friends phone she uses skype on it and as far as i know can access uk tv etc
my husband has just bought a samsun galaxy which suits him
..but if /when i get a new one it will be an apple iphone

Which Phone to buy?

Huawei Ascend Y300, fraction of the cost of an iphone and does everything I want, skype, browsing, music, email, decent enough camera, it even makes phone calls. I paid around £70 carphone warehouse sim free, not sure what you would pay over there.

cockneyturk

Back to Turkey
Which Phone to buy?

I would stay well clear of an iPhone.... Way over priced. The best make of phone I have used over the last few years is an HTC. Does the same as iPhone and more, so many app are restricted with Apple or you have to buy them. If I we're to go and get a phone tomorrow it would be the HTC one.

MrSimit

Trying to learn the lingo
Which Phone to buy?

I have a Nokia Lumia 720 Windows phone provide by my work and I have to say that it is great. Had an HTC Wildfire with Android before and I prefer the Windows interface. It will not have the number of apps supported like ios and android but it has enough to keep me happy.

kemerkid

________
Which Phone to buy?

In my opinion, the more important aspect is the operating system rather than the phone model or maker. There are a dozen mobile platforms ; Android, Bada, Blackberry, Firefox OS, IOS Apple, Mobile Linux, Nokia Platforms, S60, Symbian OS, Windows CE, Windows Mobile, Windows Phone. That can be wittled down to ; Android, IOS Apple, Symbian OS and Windows mobile.

In my opinion and experience, the most versatile and user friendly system has to be Android. Applications are everything in a smart phone and Android apps out number Apple by a large margine.

The latest version is Kit Kat (I like this name) but even Gingerbread phones are great. That leaves the phone itself, this is like buying a car and is all to do with preferreces ; make, model, engine size, storage capacity, screen size and camara resolution. Complicated, nooo.

Look for the cheapest on line deal, apply the above choices and buy one. Play with it, after all it is an adult toy. Learn what it is you really want in a smart phone, then go for the best you can afford.

MrSimit

Trying to learn the lingo
Which Phone to buy?

I agree to some extent, however, I would argue that the right os on a bad phone is worse than the wrong os on a good phone. The number of times I wanted to throw my old HTC out of the window in frustration, not because it used android but because the phone itself was pants.

tjd

Which Phone to buy?

Have a look online at some of the Chinese replicas/alternatives, a guy in the office got a Samsung s4 beater for £200.

Jaycey

African Refugee
Which Phone to buy?

Have a look online at some of the Chinese replicas/alternatives, a guy in the office got a Samsung s4 beater for £200.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdpbcNl3uM]Samsung galaxy S4 Phone clone Chinese version S4 i9500 Phone Real 1:1 Quad Core Android 5 Inches - YouTube[/ame]

altinkum kev

Non Active Member
Which Phone to buy?

Thanks all for your advise , will spend next few hours checking them out.

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Which Phone to buy?
I have a Galaxy S3 love it, it links to all my Google contacts, apps etc, on my Nexus. I wouldn't buy Apple as others have posted a lot of their Apps you have to pay for, whilst with Android are mainly free.

can1

Which Phone to buy?
Hi all I was wondering which would be the best basic phone to buy ?I have a tablet with wi fi,so I just need it to make calls,I have had my turkcell simcard for 5 years now,would that work in a new phone here or would I have to get a new number ?.There are so many little phone shops with so many phones,I just wondered if anybody could recommend one for me,thank you regards can1

oldfogy

Just passing through
Which Phone to buy?

It says video conversation NO, does that mean I cant get Skype with picture.
As said previously no, but you can still use Skype, but without the video.

This is because that particular phone only has ONE forward facing camera and does not have a second rear facing camera.
Just as a matter of interest.
Rear facing cameras generally have a lower resolution.

But also on the subject of phones. (in case it helps anyone albeit in the UK)
DO NOT buy a phone SIM locked to Vodafone, unless you have the original proof of purchase.
I just bought a Nokia Lumia 520 from eBay and had a devil of a job getting it unlocked.
(Although I did eventually after 2 weeks manage to get it unlocked in store by Vodafone for £20)
It wasn't supposed to have been locked which is why I bought it, but with a partial refund at least it ended up at the right price.

beyazbayan

Which Phone to buy?
İf you just want a phone without the boy toys then İ suggest buy a basic Nokia here they are reliable and compact do all you need and easy to repair if you damage them.

However if it's boy toys then to impress the Turks must be the İphone they are really into them in a big way.

can1

Which Phone to buy?
Thank you for your quick replies,yes a basic Nokia will do me,will my turkcell sim card work in it do you know ?

oldfogy

Just passing through
Which Phone to buy?
If you need to change from normal size SIM card to either 'Micro' or now even 'Nano' sized SIM card then there are adaptors that are very cheap.

Don't forget that as with most SIM cards there is a expiry date when they stop working if either not being used or no credit has been added to the card, most people I know either just leave it with a friend in Turkey to top of every 3 or 6 months (whichever it is) or simply top up on-line from back in the UK.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom