pldouglas

Which new car?
The dearly beloved and I are having minor 'words' at the moment as to wether or not to buy a new car. He wants a new car, I want a second-hand car.
Now I do admit that our dear old beamer has had her day - we got her 13 years ago when she was just a year old baby and she's certainly done her work over the years hauling everything from dogs, logs, stuff to the tip - and on one occasion all the old windows from a house we had!
But now her passenger door won't close or lock, the rear tail-gate won't close, she grinds and sighs round every corner and keeps steering into the kerb - in fact I think she's trying to do herself in, and me as well!
So the dearly beloved wants a new Ulility Vehicle (Doblo or Berlingo) whereas I want just any estate car that will continue to carry me, the dogs, the logs, the shopping and all the mud associated with countryside living without having to worry that the inside is getting wrecked.
Anyone got any opinions on either these Doblo or Berlingo vehicles - it has to be one or the other because we have one elderly dog who can't jump in the back of anything higher - and yes, she will be trying it out before we buy either.

perfect1949

i just love my clique
Which new car?
i bought a doblo from new 3 years ago i like it and my dog gets in no probs.the only down side with a doblo you have, to have an mot each year i hope this helps

Martyn

Which new car?
Are you talking about the uk or Turkey? If it's the uk the best all round car I have driven(I don't have a dog) is a VW Golf. It has everything.

Which new car?
i bought a doblo from new 3 years ago i like it and my dog gets in no probs.the only down side with a doblo you have, to have an mot each year i hope this helps

Second downside to a Diabo is that because it is classed as a commercial vehicle, it is subject to a lower speed limit. Drive very, very carefully.

pldouglas

Which new car?
Second downside to a Diabo is that because it is classed as a commercial vehicle, it is subject to a lower speed limit. Drive very, very carefully.

Thanks for that, maybe we could put it through our business and get the VAT back - as long as our old Jodie dog is okay with that of course.
Its a UK car we want and, just as when we bought the last car, we will take Jodie with us to ensure she is happy with it - if the dealers don't like the smell thats just tough - the dog, not the dearly beloved!

Which new car?
Thanks for that, maybe we could put it through our business and get the VAT back - as long as our old Jodie dog is okay with that of course.
Its a UK car we want and, just as when we bought the last car, we will take Jodie with us to ensure she is happy with it - if the dealers don't like the smell thats just tough - the dog, not the dearly beloved!

Sorry, It's getting difficult to know where we are talking about on this forum. My comment relates only to Turkey as this is the only country I know. (Dogs do love Doblos 'though).

:95im:

yalimart

The Carnwath Massive
Which new car?

I would offer caution on openly talking about fiddling the taxman on the forum as you never know who is watching

martin

pldouglas

Which new car?
I would offer caution on openly talking about fiddling the taxman on the forum as you never know who is watching

martin

We have a kitchen fitting company and along with the dogs and logs etc I also spend a lot of time hauling around kitchen appliances, boxes of tiles, peices of end panel etc etc etc in whichever car we have, its one of the reasons we always have to have some sort of estate car. Of course we could have another van, but there are times you need four seats and a car often looks better when doing surveys/estimates plus the fact our works vans are big (for 3 meter worktops plus a full load of tools) and use a lot of fuel.
So a Doblo looks like it would fill all the requirments both business and personal use plus practical dog carrier.
Looks like the dearly beloved is going to win this one.

PASH

Which new car?
Good value country cars second hand are Subaru legacy or Outbacks, they lose most of their value in the first year or so and offer long life, trouble free motoring. My fathers one is currently on 216,000 miles and he has only had to replace a clutch! I am considering for my next car.

zurna

Which new car?
Good value country cars second hand are Subaru legacy or Outbacks, they lose most of their value in the first year or so and offer long life, trouble free motoring. My fathers one is currently on 216,000 miles and he has only had to replace a clutch! I am considering for my next car.

2010 subaru OUTBACK AWD 2.0 TD Elegance 105.001TL
1999 subaru OUTBACK 2.5 Celebration 276000km 24.500 TL

2010 subaru Legacy Saloon 2.0 D R 84.212 TL
1999 Subaru Legacy Elegance 2.0 282000Km 19.000 TL

Good value:95im:

Last edited:

PASH

Which new car?
:cheers:
2010 subaru OUTBACK AWD 2.0 TD Elegance 105.001TL
1999 subaru OUTBACK 2.5 Celebration 276000km 24.500 TL

2010 subaru Legacy Saloon 2.0 D R 84.212 TL
1999 Subaru Legacy Elegance 2.0 282000Km 19.000 TL

Good value:95im:

My apologies, i must have misunderstood but i thought they were buying the car in the UK? If in Turkey, then its a non starter

lewknor

lewknor
Which new car?
Citroen Berlingo everytime. I'm on my second one and it does exactly what it says on the can! Next one will be a 1.6 diesel without the over head lockers because it is easier to fit a proper dog guard. Special offers on at the moment and don't forget the VAT hike in the New Year and yes I do claim this back against tax. Try a test drive - my two large dogs are always very happy in mine!

jcrian

Which new car?
We have for quite a long time had Fiats and never had any real problems. Have two at the moment although after hiring a Doblo in Turkey I wouldn't put it in my list of favourite cars to drive. Should be just right for your intended use PL and a lot cheaper on fuel than the vans.

If it's being used for business then why not get all the perks you can.

pineapple1

I Love Kleopatra Beach !
Which new car?
I have a citron but when i next get a new car i'm having a doblo . We hired one in turkey it loads of space for my dogs { not yet there } they have a travel crate . Stacks of room for my suitcases . and it felt higher up and was fantastic on diesel . I don't much like small cars .. mine is the picaso but i swear theres more space in the ...long wheelbase doblo .. I loved it
....................................Diane ....................

pldouglas

Which new car?
Only problem I can find is that, with the Doblo, you have a choice (in diesel) of 1.3 or 1.9 there doesn't seem to be anything inbetween - so its either a bit of a monster or something not quite powerful enough to occasionally tow a trailer, ideally I want about a 1.6 in power.
So it may well be back to the Berlingo, which also has better fuel economy anyway. Thanks for the heads up on the Subaru, it sounds well worth a look if we can find a local dealer.
We almost had a mini this afternoon because dear old Jodie dog had a bit of a bad turn, lots of foaming at the mouth and being sick - but she's fine now (after giving me a heart attack) and has eaten a good dinner and had a bark at the pigeons in the garden, so all is right with the world again - maybe she didn't like the idea of changing the car!

Which new car?
Only problem I can find is that, with the Doblo, you have a choice (in diesel) of 1.3 or 1.9 there doesn't seem to be anything inbetween - so its either a bit of a monster or something not quite powerful enough to occasionally tow a trailer, ideally I want about a 1.6 in power.
So it may well be back to the Berlingo, which also has better fuel economy anyway. Thanks for the heads up on the Subaru, it sounds well worth a look if we can find a local dealer.
We almost had a mini this afternoon because dear old Jodie dog had a bit of a bad turn, lots of foaming at the mouth and being sick - but she's fine now (after giving me a heart attack) and has eaten a good dinner and had a bark at the pigeons in the garden, so all is right with the world again - maybe she didn't like the idea of changing the car!

Bigger engine doesn't always mean less economy

pldouglas

Which new car?
We bought the Berlingo - and a dog ramp!
Went for the 1.6 diesel with a few extras including a liner for the rear and a protective bit for the rear bumper so doggy paws don't scratch it so much. Was impressed with the claimed 57 mpg which is about twice my old beamer does now.
So its coming next week and we hope the snow clears so we can go and play without sliding off the road.
Thanks for your advice people.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom