sligogent

Which is better, Kusadasi or Davutlar
We are 1000m high, so winters are sunny but cold (-20 C has been known, but only occasionally -10C this year), not enough rainfall. The missus and i are considering a rain dance later today. Summers cooler than the coast and very comfortable at night. We only needed a fan on about 6 occasions at night last year. We do not have a/c in the house, but in one room outside for the dogs (and me) on hot days.
What about electricity are you on the mains and Black out that occur regularly in Alanya, A Car is a must in your location, Driven all round Europe, but something concern me about Driving in Turkey, Maybe I would Stop at Red lights
Look last Countryside outside of Alanya on net, big villa or old wreck of house, some with a lot of ground with them that need maintenance, but that was only a quick search, Private Hospital in small towns only do minor surgery. Looking to have Ablation done, Only Antalya Izmir Istanbul doing it,

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Yes, a car is a necessity, we have a car and a van. Blackouts were common in the summer when tourist hotels in Antalya were given priority. We generate our own with PV but are still connected to the mains. We only buy in during snowy, or very cloudy days in winter. Our Private hospital does quite a bit, many Turkish friends and neighbours use it, so far we haven't needed it, touch wood.

j in bo

It depends on what kind of life you want. We lived in Bodrum but are not interested in the bar/expat culture. It is nice to speak English occasionally, but are more content away from this, and enjoy nature and natural beauty. As I have mentioned in other threads we have to drive a long way, 50k round trip to shops/post office/ alcohol etc, but are still delighted by the paradise we live in, and, for the most part happy with our own company. Prices are far cheaper here than in coastal areas, people are more friendly, and happy to talk without trying to sell you anything, or look for commission all the time.
We recently looked at a villa (for friends interested in buying), with lake and mountain views, central heating, 200 m2, 1000m2 , 3 bed 3 bathrooms, 2 salons, 2 terraces, garden planted with fruit trees, not overlooked for 500 000 TL. It is about 0.5 km from a village with bakkals etc.
Very interesting, we were due out in May, have rebooked for September planning a trip to Isparta Hilton. Hopefully will see you then. Stay safe.

sligogent

Yes, a car is a necessity, we have a car and a van. Blackouts were common in the summer when tourist hotels in Antalya were given priority. We generate our own with PV but are still connected to the mains. We only buy in during snowy, or very cloudy days in winter. Our Private hospital does quite a bit, many Turkish friends and neighbours use it, so far we haven't needed it, touch wood.
Sounds like you are for Green power and small electricity bills, I can only complement on your planning, maybe a bit envious of your lifestyle, but an initial large outlays of cash , Have you own water supply, as you are in mountain area, are your neighbours far away,, Have seen or heard of 2 bed viila in countryside area in good state of repair, small garden but not too remote,
You control your own life, life does not control you
Alanya Hospital does not offer procedures I needed, was hoping to make it over to visit Hospital and do some Property inspection, but now got more time to look up countryside villa as you got me thinking again

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Sounds like you are for Green power and small electricity bills, I can only complement on your planning, maybe a bit envious of your lifestyle, but an initial large outlays of cash , Have you own water supply, as you are in mountain area, are your neighbours far away,, Have seen or heard of 2 bed viila in countryside area in good state of repair, small garden but not too remote,
You control your own life, life does not control you
Alanya Hospital does not offer procedures I needed, was hoping to make it over to visit Hospital and do some Property inspection, but now got more time to look up countryside villa as you got me thinking again
When you start out it takes time, money and patience. We built the house in 1999 over a period of years. Then came fencing, garage, car port, depot etc, whilst we were still working overseas. We have water for irrigation from the large lake at the bottom of the garden. We also have mains water supply for the house. I feel that when starting out it is important to bear in mind that we all age, and will not be as fit and able in 15 years as we are when we set out.

sligogent

When you start out it takes time, money and patience. We built the house in 1999 over a period of years. Then came fencing, garage, car port, depot etc, whilst we were still working overseas. We have water for irrigation from the large lake at the bottom of the garden. We also have mains water supply for the house. I feel that when starting out it is important to bear in mind that we all age, and will not be as fit and able in 15 years as we are when we set out.
Agree with totally, I have 7 years doing up a house in South East of Ireland, Now body tell me to slow, it main reason fod fully committed to undertake another restoration project in any country, A small bit of work ok , so that is reason why nervous about starting out again
Apartment like great when Holiday season is over, most Apartments block 70% empty in cold months, A small house outside a town my preference

timmiez

It depends on what kind of life you want. We lived in Bodrum but are not interested in the bar/expat culture. It is nice to speak English occasionally, but are more content away from this, and enjoy nature and natural beauty. As I have mentioned in other threads we have to drive a long way, 50k round trip to shops/post office/ alcohol etc, but are still delighted by the paradise we live in, and, for the most part happy with our own company. Prices are far cheaper here than in coastal areas, people are more friendly, and happy to talk without trying to sell you anything, or look for commission all the time.
We recently looked at a villa (for friends interested in buying), with lake and mountain views, central heating, 200 m2, 1000m2 , 3 bed 3 bathrooms, 2 salons, 2 terraces, garden planted with fruit trees, not overlooked for 500 000 TL. It is about 0.5 km from a village with bakkals etc.
Wow, that is an amazing price for a villa like that. Can you share in which areas I can find villas like this?

IbrahimAbi

Grey wisdom
Wow, that is an amazing price for a villa like that. Can you share in which areas I can find villas like this?
This was in Isparta province, 1.5 hours north of Antalya in the Turkish lake district.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom