Wheres the cheese?
We like really good mature cheddar cheese and miss it terribly.Anyone out there found a decent local cheese of a similar type.Have tried the Izmir Tulum but find it too salty.
Anyone got any cheesy information??

Phil Johns

Kennels & Pet Transporter
Wheres the cheese?
You have to look after all your friends houses, and they will bring you shed loads plus bacon & Bangers black pudding, pork pies, whatever otherwise no its not what we like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:114mf:

Wheres the cheese?
Phil
Just come back from UK but want to find a turkish cheese that we like,after all going to be living here hopefully for a long time to come.

maggie

Wheres the cheese?
Hi,just ask the man on the cheese stall(or lady) if you can try before you buy.!!!
They will allways cut you off a small sample.
I too think the Bergama is a nice cheese.Izmir Tulum can be okay if you dont get a really salty variety.

However I find the taste of the cheeses seem to change from week to week so I do allways have a wee sample before I buy.

Hugs Maggie xxx

Bibby

Ferretbrain
Wheres the cheese?
Ak Göl is a nice one, I think it's made in Cyprus. It comes in long, plastic covered blocks. There was a place in Fethiye that sold it, but they have stopped *mutter*

Akbuk Rob

Wheres the cheese?
I bought some Bergama from Akbuk market 2 weeks ago. His advertised price was 12TL per kilo, I asked for half a kilo and that’s exactly what I got, gave him 6TL but oh no, for half a kilo it’s 7TL. Bloody robbery in my opinion and the stuff’s more salty than the Akguller.

dngood

Wheres the cheese?
You can wash the cheese in water, or soak overnight in milk to get rid of (some of) the saltiness.

Dave.

Wheres the cheese?
Thanks all for suggestions.To those in the Akbuk area,we find Akguller very good on products and prices.A lot of the time the prices are better than at Migros and even compare with Bim.Prefer Akguller to the market because the price is always on the item and you are not left wondering if you've been done,which I always think I am on the market.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom