Fuzzy

fuzzy
Where to watch sport in Yalikavak?
Hi Everybody. Getting pretty excited now as we leave Cape Town in one more week ready for our 3 months in Yalikavak. Thank you to so many people who have been so friendly on the Forum and helped me with advice etc. Hopefully we'll get to met some of you at Sue's. My hubby is already panicking about where he'll get to watch the " Lions v S.A. boks " rugby on Sat 20th June. Can anybody let us know which places would have it on ?? Thank again and hope to see loads of you ! Fuzzyhttp://www.turkishliving.com/forums/images/smilies/Wales.gifhttp://www.turkishliving.com/forums/images/smilies/ukflag.gifhttp://www.turkishliving.com/forums/images/smilies/3.gif

waterbaby

hi fuzzy,
Lucky you spending 3 months in Yalikavak.im sure there will be a few places showing the rugby, i know Zorro m club has all the sports channels & sky sports , they will be showing it there. x

no7reg

Hi

Try the Rahat bar in centre of Yali ,but i am sure there will be others showing game also

Dave

hammers

yes most of the bars have sky tv but i watch it at sandimar in yali village,hope that helps

Sunny Seasider

Life is so precious
Hi Carnesoboxer (we met in Rahat Bar Chelsea v Barcelona game) hope you're ok, we use Rahat ,Anchor Bar and Sandima as we like to spread our money around, the Anchor Bar (Ahmet) has only recently had Sky installed, so you've a good choice really.

graham2

Hi

The best place to watch football is the hihat bar, its near Ali barber resturant.

Graham

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Hi Fuzzy -- yes all the bars will be showing the match
Hopefully we will meet - maybe you will be able to make our Belly Dancing night on 23 rd
There are 2 more folks here for 1 month from Capetown - maybe you know eachother ?
Have a safe ( but long ) journey

Fuzzy

fuzzy
Hi Sue. Nice to hear from you again ! Yes we'd love to come along to your belly-dancing night on Tue 23rd. Are you using it as a forum get-together? Can you reserve us two places? Is it a standard cost /buffet/ or ?? and what time ? We arn't aware of anybody from here going to Yalikavak at the moment. Maybe we'll meet them too at the B/D night ! Yes long journey but so ready for the break now............

red

Hi Fuzzy
Most people we know are aware we like the Rahat bar:) when we furnished our place in Feb 06 Anne and her husband were so welcoming and we needed it to be as it was pouring down with rain most nights:) I know there are numerous people who have experienced the negative side of buying in turkey, but we haven't. We have bought at Carpe Diem - it really is lovely you will have a wonderful time. Yalikavak is a beautiful place - you will be met with a warm welcome wherever you chose to watch the game:)

We haven't booked yet we are still waiting to hear from the childrens schools as we have applied to take them out of school holidays - for the week before the summer break - see you in July- we will arrive on the 10th or 17th.

luckycat68

LOVING MY LIFE
Hi Sue. Nice to hear from you again ! Yes we'd love to come along to your belly-dancing night on Tue 23rd. Are you using it as a forum get-together? Can you reserve us two places? Is it a standard cost /buffet/ or ?? and what time ? We arn't aware of anybody from here going to Yalikavak at the moment. Maybe we'll meet them too at the B/D night ! Yes long journey but so ready for the break now............

We are serving our special lamb dish - please order if you want that - otherwise all food from our main menu will be available
Yes it will be a Get Together for TLF members also

Fuzzy

fuzzy
We are serving our special lamb dish - please order if you want that - otherwise all food from our main menu will be available
Yes it will be a Get Together for TLF members also
Thanks. Will you see you for the B/D night then...7 ish ?? ls it easy enough to get a dolmush back to Carpe Diem from your place? We won't be terribly late, probably 11ish. Looking forward to meeting you !

Fuzzy

fuzzy
Hi Fuzzy
Most people we know are aware we like the Rahat bar:) when we furnished our place in Feb 06 Anne and her husband were so welcoming and we needed it to be as it was pouring down with rain most nights:) I know there are numerous people who have experienced the negative side of buying in turkey, but we haven't. We have bought at Carpe Diem - it really is lovely you will have a wonderful time. Yalikavak is a beautiful place - you will be met with a warm welcome wherever you chose to watch the game:)

We haven't booked yet we are still waiting to hear from the childrens schools as we have applied to take them out of school holidays - for the week before the summer break - see you in July- we will arrive on the 10th or 17th.
Hi Red. Thank you..What date are you going out? Will you be at Sues Belly dancing evening on the 23rd June ?

red

Hi Fuzzy, we have now booked, we arrive on the 11th of July for two weeks - yippe, sadly too late for the belly dancing.

Fuzzy

fuzzy
Hi Fuzzy, we have now booked, we arrive on the 11th of July for two weeks - yippe, sadly too late for the belly dancing.
Great ! hopefully see you around Carpe Diem. How will l recognise you ? Rose between your teeth LOL !

red

I'll pack a rose Fuzzy, but just in case I forget if you hear a man shouting Mand (my name is Amanda but 3 syllables is too much for him:)) and see a female loaded with wine/beer, pop, suncream, towels, various pool fun items, snacks (no cooked food -I learnt that lesson after the wasp swarm incident) and 3 boys headed for the pool - either run fast - very fast or say hi:) I'm sure I'll detect the accent - that's if you have a S.A. accent???

Oh and be prepared for my fella trying out all of his naughty S.A. language skills - a man who used to work for him taught him so many bad words, in various S.A. languages - as he spoke quite a few.

Top Bottom