printmakerkate

Where to find Art Supplies around Fethiye
I wonder if anyone knows anywhere within travelling distance of Fethiye where you can get decent art supplies, specifically printmaking supplies, even silk screen printing. I don't know of any print making workshops in Turkey at all, though I've looked. Are there are artists of any kind in the vicinity? I'm visiting early April, moving to Fethiye in June. Be grateful for any help.

I'm also looking for an IT worker to help me set up. Don't have a line yet as I haven't got RP yet. Should I do we-fi?

Last edited:

dalyansteve

Re: Art Supplies

There are plenty of artists around and most seem to scrabble around a bit to get decent art supplies, firstly expense and secondly availability, there is a shop in Mugla but does not have everything. I think you would be better off going around the local printers or asking someone at the land of lights office. What you need will probably be available from Istanbul through the internet. Or if you know the manufacturer ask them if they have agents in Turkey.

I understand the problem - I've ordered paints in the UK and friends have brought them out. There are lots on on-line suppliers in Istanbul if you Google, but I couldn't find one in English.

SAMIMI

EX MEMBER

You can't buy Winsor & Newton in the shops in Turkey. I have tried different brands but the quality is inferior. Unless you can order then on-line and hopefully you get them delivered to you in Turkey, it might be better to get friends to bring them out to you.

printmakerkate

Thanks Steve ; that was helpful. Now I'll find out what Land of Lights office is. don't suppose you know the name of the art supplies shop in Mugla?

Thanks for replying Yildez ; perhaps I'll just have to perfect (that means learn some) Turkish.

Thanks Samini, that looks like the only answer right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

traveller

Land of Lights, is the local english language free newspaper, weekly in summer, fortnightly in winter. Their offices are near to the big Migros, coming from Fethiye you turn right at the x roads (traffic lights) instead of left for Migros.

ChrisBobs

Just been to an art exhibition opening in Bodrum- meant to ask the paper makers that question for you. There is at least one art supplies shop in Bodrum.

pembelu

did u not get my PM kate a few days ago? i did mention the Bodrum shop & its name.

printmakerkate

Yes, and was grateful to you for it. I thought I had successfully pm'd you, but I'm not completely confident with this system yet (I'm new) so I'll try again.

pembelu

hi, yes i got the reply now thanks...:) yes i dont even know how some seem to be able to request a 'confirmation' (or something similar) option when sending PMs..i have yet to figure that one out!...the dark depths of a forums possibilities..scary!

Last edited:

oldfogy

Just passing through
even silk screen printing. I don't know of any print making workshops in Turkey at all,
Hi Printmakerkate.
Welcome to TLF and good luck with your new property.
(Yes I saw you new post)

Not wanting to rake up a oldish topic but just out of curiosity do you intend to start a business with the Silkscreen equipment you are buying?

I have not seen many of your posts so do not know your circumstances but have you got a work permit because to work in Turkey or to start a business in Turkey you will need one, although not impossible but it can be a bit difficult.

Just in case you did not find it, here is a link to "LOL" Land of Lights newspaper that was referred to earlier.
Land of Lights - Classifieds Adverts

v6cod

Living in Okcular
If you put sanat malzemeleri into Google (this is a link to the turkish google) you will get a whole host of online art supply places.

If you need the english translation of a page copy and paste the page address such as Akrilik Boyalar | Winsor Newton Artists Acrylic 60ml into google.co.uk and then select translate this page.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom